Thread: LMM Lambda and Boost

Default LMM Lambda and Boost

been playing around with the Fuel Mixture limits in Efi Live for my tune in order to try and optimize spooling without any or little smoke

I dont have Efi Live here with me right now so i may get some of the tables or there names wrong but bare with me. I think the relevant tables are B0793, B0794, B0795 and B079?.

I set the mixture limit ECM control from 6000 down to 600 so the tables become active. upped the max and minimum limits to there +2 and -2 so i can use the Fuel Mixture table to its full potential.

so far everything seems to be running great. faster initial spool from a stop good at speed spooling, little smoke, etc. i am liking what i see.

My big question is... does this override the Boost and Vane tables? do they become irreverent after the ECM is given the ability to adjust boost to try and keep the Lambda as close to the Fuel Mixture limit table as possible?

I am more concerned with Medium & High Altitudes. with the way GM has it set up we have control of the medium & high altitude boost and vane control.

with the ECM now adjusting the boost, will it work properly at high altitude?

it would work fine if the ecm monitors boost then adjusts the mm3 to match the boost as this would allow the boost and vane tables to continue to work. but i suspect that it doesn't work this way as it would limit mm3 when taking off from a light thus slowing spool as there is no boost at that time.

what i think is happening based on the table descriptions, is that the ecm will try and match boost (via vane control) to follow the actual mm3s being injected.

so if one was driving at high altitude and you went to accelerate, would the ecm close the vanes down as much as it can to try and make up for the lack of air by increasing boost but instead it is just chocking off the flow with the vanes closed too much?

sorry if this is a little long. if anyone has played with this or uses it at high altitudes i would like to here what you think

PS: I've also posted the question on the Duramax Diesels forum too for anyone on that site
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires

Also, has anyone made a pid or spreadsheet that shows air per cylinder?
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires