Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: High Idle Feature... AGAIN!

Default High Idle Feature... AGAIN!

So I was reading something the other day that stated if you have the dealer turn on the high idle program on a STOCK tune, that when you pull the base file from the truck and use it to write EFI tunes that the high idle will still be enabled once the EFI tunes are installed in the truck.

Is this true?

If so, or if no one has tried it, I think I might just take the plunge and have the dealer wipe my truck and turn on the high idle feature with a brand new stock tune to boot. I know HPT has this option for the 03-05 trucks and that kind of makes me envious.

If anyone can confirm this, maybe we could even just find someone who has a base file with the high idle enabled. But I guess there are several versions of the ECM software and we would have to have one of each for everyone to have access.

My truck is an 07 5.9 BTW.

Been snooping around here for a while, so I thought I would join and post up this *possible* idea of mine.

Default High Idle Feature... AGAIN!

Yeah it's true. Software OS doesn't really matter on the 5.9 and I'm sure most everyone is sending out the same OS to all their customers. PM me I can dig and send you a clean base tune with high idle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2005 Cummins - EFILive Conversion - S474 single - 1325hp on the spray.

I have no idea how this system works, is it something the dealer turns on without needing to flash the ECM?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I have no idea how this system works, is it something the dealer turns on without needing to flash the ECM?
    Apparently this feature is stored in the NVRAM. And yes it's editable within the OS.
    There are several functions avail on the 03-05 tuning platform I wish we could get on the 06-09 trucks or the rest for that matter.
    Les Szmidt
    2007 5.9 Dodge Ram
    2014 Ram 3500 Aisin tuning Emissions Equipped
    EFI Live Cummins BETA Tester
    Silver Bullet Tuning
    silverbullettuning@gmail.com
    www.youtube.com/ljszmidt
    http://www.facebook.com/SilverBulletTuninig

I guess I havent been on here long enough... PMs havent been turned on for me yet. My email is melonas22@gmail.com.

Thanks a ton Cummins610!

Quote Originally Posted by 2007 5.9 View Post
    Apparently this feature is stored in the NVRAM. And yes it's editable within the OS.
    There are several functions avail on the 03-05 tuning platform I wish we could get on the 06-09 trucks or the rest for that matter.
    Functions enabled via a scantool I assume you mean? Is there any aftermarket alternative to the DRB (or whatever it is called).
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Functions enabled via a scantool I assume you mean? Is there any aftermarket alternative to the DRB (or whatever it is called).
    AutoEnginuity can enable the PTO fast idle on at least the 07.5-09 trucks. Not sure about the older or later ones but I would assume that it does those as well. I would imagine that the Snap-On tool probably does it as well.
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Quote Originally Posted by Cummins610 View Post
    Yeah it's true. Software OS doesn't really matter on the 5.9 and I'm sure most everyone is sending out the same OS to all their customers. PM me I can dig and send you a clean base tune with high idle.

Ill take that offer... I cant PM you, but my email is melonas22@gmail.com

Your file is much appreciated sir!!!

I have the high idle base tune for my 2006 I got off this forum. I think they are out there somewhere.

So I'm getting mixed messages here.

1 - The High Idle can be activated in the Tune (if the parameter is known).
    2 - The High Idle can also be activated with a scantool without the need for the ECM to be flashed.

Is that correct?

Cheers,
    Ross

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast