Thread: Error Code $0380

Default Error Code $0380

Hi guys,

Having some issues tuning a customers 2015 Cummins. Every time we attempt to tune it we get error code $0380. The first "progress" bar completes and the error pops up right away, it doesnt ask to issue a VIN license or truly attempt to install the tune what so ever. I have done multiple 2013+ trucks with this V2 and havent had issues until now.

What I have done:
    ~ Unlocked ECU with Bully Dog cable
    ~ 100% sure it is unlocked since I installed a Bully Dog tune for him to use until the issue is sorted
    ~ V8 Software & V2 Firmware are 100% up to date
    ~ I attempted loading the tune onto the V2 with both a Windows 7 & 10 computers.
    ~ I made sure the USB plug was a standard one, not 3.0 (blue)
    ~ Tune is from Anarchy Diesel, they sent me a second tune to try and sort the issue that way to no avail.

I read that sending the trace files to EFI is needed however I am having issues locating them?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards
    Braden

Hi Braden,

At this stage trace files might not help as they will just show the ECM refusing to go in to the correct mode for reflashing.
    As a simple test did you happen to just pull the battery power for 30 seconds or so? Obviously not something that would normally need to be done but the ECM might just have itself in a bit of a knot and a power removal might bring it back to behave correctly.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hi there,

Thanks for the quick response.

After a week of off & on messing around I actually just got the issue sorted with some help from Anarchy, I feel REALLY dumb on this one... The config files on the V2 were not correct. For some reason I had in my head the CME modules were not tuneable in pass through mode so I was attempting to use just the V2 itself. Learn from my mistakes I suppose!

Once i had the computer setup it worked like a charm.

Excellent, thanks for letting us know.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.