Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $0101, but V2 will scan/clear DTCs, 2011 CTS- V

Default $0101, but V2 will scan/clear DTCs, 2011 CTS- V

I just finished a heads/cam swap on a 2011 CTS-V. The car starts, the V2 will access and clear DTCs, but when I use the V8 software to try and download the current tune file, I get $0101. I reloaded the V8 software and updated the firmware. No change.

Please help!

Did you configure your V2 for your ECM...?

~Moderator~

I've used it on this ecm before, with the same laptop, about 4 months ago. I don't understand what would cause it to be unable to download the current tune file, while the v2 still works to scan and clear DTCs.

Did you configure the Tune tab of BBX...?

~Moderator~

That's beyond my level of useful knowledge on the V2.... not exactly sure what you're referring to.

Error $0101 means your USB connection is not working... try a different USB cable.

Quote Originally Posted by calereeves View Post
    That's beyond my level of useful knowledge on the V2.... not exactly sure what you're referring to.
    Look at post#1 here: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch

in particular, look at the Tune tab/page.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Look at post#1 here: Setting-up-a-FSV2-from-scratch

in particular, look at the Tune tab/page.
    Thanks, I'll try that tonight. It seems odd that I'd need to reconfigure something since I've used this laptop and this V2 to download and upload tune files to this same ECM previously. The only thing passed is time in between.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Error $0101 means your USB connection is not working... try a different USB cable.
    I replaced it--no change.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by calereeves View Post
    Thanks, I'll try that tonight. It seems odd that I'd need to reconfigure something since I've used this laptop and this V2 to download and upload tune files to this same ECM previously. The only thing passed is time in between.
    That would depend on what software/firmware you were running and what software/firmware you updated to. At one point there were changes made that required *.bbx settings to updated.

Can you please advise what software/firmware version you are now running (please post version numbers).
    Are you performing pass-thru flashing? (ie connecting the PC to FlashScan V2 and the vehicle); or are you performing standalone flashing? (You've placed the tune file onto your V2 memory, and have connected V2 to your vehicle without a PC connection).

The process to flash your vehicle is documented for both V8 software using pass-thru flashing, and standalone flashing here https://support.efilive.com/kb_artic...5899-QLZB-0976

The setup for your V2 to perform standalone flashing can be found here https://support.efilive.com/kb_artic...6659-YAHB-3781
    You'll need to select the correct controller from the TUNE option, and program FlashScan.
    You will also need to either move your tune file to your V2 using the Quick Setup option also listed in the above link, or move the tune file to your V2 using EFILive Explorer.

In the V8 software, [F8: Tools] -> [F8: Error Codes] menu allows you to enter your error code to view possible cause and actions.

$0101 is listed as...
    Cause:
    USB cable is faulty or not connected.
    In rare circumstances the PC operating system or the EFILive software may be malfunctioning.
    In even rarer circumstances the FlashScan or AutoCal device’s USB circuitry may have been damaged. That damage occurs when the laptop is powered by a voltage inverter supplied from the vehicle’s battery.
    A power inverter must never be used to power the laptop while it is connected via FlashScan or AutoCal to the vehicle.

Action:
    Check USB cables, plugs and connections.
    Try using a different USB port and/or different USB cable.
    Try rebooting the PC/laptop.
    Try using a self-powered USB hub between the PC/laptop and FlashScan or AutoCal.
    Try re-installing EFILive software which also re-installs the USB drivers.

Cheers
    Cindy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast