Thread: A50/T14 confusion

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default A50/T14 confusion

Title should read A50/T14. Not T15

I have a customer with a failed TCM in his 09 LMM Duramax. He bought a replacement (used) and I swapped them. The replacement was service number 24256861 and the old one is 25978353. Not knowing this I just read the original which auto detected as an A50 and opened as an A50 file. Replaced. Auto detected the new one as an A50 and licensed ok. I I tried to load the original tune file in, the flash started briefly in the programming and got an error of which I thought was $0600. That's not a valid error so I'm thinking it was $06CC. After that error I began to re attempt with $0101. The TCM will no longer autodetect and continues to give $0101. I did unplug the TCM for a but and it did autodetect again as an A50. Same dance when I went to full flash tho, $0101. Anyone have any idea? Possible bad used TCM. Seller claims no issues. Possible this is a A50/T14 mismatch confusion and I inadvertently bricked the replacement TCM? What's the differences and are both files comparable with each other without bricking the TCM? Not sure where to go from here other than get a new one and try again. Just don't want to brick another if this is an issue on my end. I have flashed several A50 with stock and modified files without ever a hiccup. This is my first replacement job. I did change the vin in the controller prior to flashing and the vin in the tune was correct. Sorry for the rant, just trying to be detailed.
    Last edited by comnrailpwr; March 21st, 2017 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Thread title error