Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A50/T14 confusion

Default A50/T14 confusion

Title should read A50/T14. Not T15

I have a customer with a failed TCM in his 09 LMM Duramax. He bought a replacement (used) and I swapped them. The replacement was service number 24256861 and the old one is 25978353. Not knowing this I just read the original which auto detected as an A50 and opened as an A50 file. Replaced. Auto detected the new one as an A50 and licensed ok. I I tried to load the original tune file in, the flash started briefly in the programming and got an error of which I thought was $0600. That's not a valid error so I'm thinking it was $06CC. After that error I began to re attempt with $0101. The TCM will no longer autodetect and continues to give $0101. I did unplug the TCM for a but and it did autodetect again as an A50. Same dance when I went to full flash tho, $0101. Anyone have any idea? Possible bad used TCM. Seller claims no issues. Possible this is a A50/T14 mismatch confusion and I inadvertently bricked the replacement TCM? What's the differences and are both files comparable with each other without bricking the TCM? Not sure where to go from here other than get a new one and try again. Just don't want to brick another if this is an issue on my end. I have flashed several A50 with stock and modified files without ever a hiccup. This is my first replacement job. I did change the vin in the controller prior to flashing and the vin in the tune was correct. Sorry for the rant, just trying to be detailed.
    Last edited by comnrailpwr; March 21st, 2017 at 03:22 AM. Reason: Thread title error

Is a T14 supposed to be a direct drop in replacement for the A50? Can TIS flash A50 files in to the T14 ok?
    FWIW we have not seen a T14 TCM here to know what differences there is to be causing issues.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I did verify the replacement TCM says on it it is a model t14. The original is model a50. T14 is an ACDelco part and the replacement from what I have gathered. I don't know what the differences are. EFILive does recognised the t14 as an A50 on auto detect but it will not take a flash. After the initial attempt where it attempted too. I think trying to flash an A50 file in this bricked it somehow. After it sits a while it will still auto detect tho is that means anything. Not sure what that process involves. The two units look identical.

He is going to take it to the dealer and try a flash with tis. I have a feeling it's not going to work tho.

With GM controllers the Autodetect typically works based off a list of known part numbers we request, GM might have carried over a P/N that is shared between the two TCM's but they are in fact different.....that would be bad.
    Do you know if the T14 been out long ?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I believe it to be out for at least a year and half.

TIS would not connect either. The controller is dead. So maybe this should be looked into. As stated the controller began to flash initially and error out. I can only assume the controller randomly died or it died because EFILive auto detected it as an A50 and I attempted to FF an A50 file. I sent all the trace files the day before I started this thread in a support ticket. If this isn't a coincidental controller failure then I feel something needs to be implemented to prevent this from happening in the software. Maybe the trace files will give some insight, maybe not. Not sure how those work. From now on I will be pulling all TCM on 09+ duramax trucks to check the model number. I would advise others do the same, we cannot currently rely on the auto detect feature. I'm all ears if any other tuners have any input.

Lifetime Member

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-Full-flashing

Read this I bet someone sold you a pos. I have replaced numerous A50's with T14's with no issues all with EFILive software. Last one was a month ago so one release ago approximately on the software.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...-Full-flashing

Read this I bet someone sold you a pos. I have replaced numerous A50's with T14's with no issues all with EFILive software. Last one was a month ago so one release ago approximately on the software.
    I have read that. Different situation. You replaced a t14 with an A50 which I have never had any problems programming.. Have you or anyone ever successfully full flash an T14 with EFILive Software using a file you pulled from a failing A50?

Lifetime Member

Ok missed that no I have not tried to flash a A50 2009-2010 OS into a 2011+ T14.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast