Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A50/T14 confusion

The T14 is a replacement for the 2009-2010 as well is what I am being told. I unknowingly attempted to flash it as an A50 because that is what it auto detected as. I thought I was replacing like for like so to speak but that wasn't the case. It did begin the flash so that's what has me thinking it was an ok unit before I attempted to flash. I wish I tried to read out the replacement T14 prior to flashing to see if it would read. It licensed fine.

Lifetime Member

If it's a direct replacement then when flashed with TIS its going to get the 09-10 OS then and every dealer replacing them would be killing them. I do think this style of TCM (T14)) has been a pos from the beginning and hs been prone to fail even on flashes. All the ones I have done lately have been replacing T14's with a new T14. You would think it would be fine since the 2011 T14 OS worked in the 2010 A50.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

That is interesting
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

I have a spare T14 here that worked intermittently if I can get it to act normal for a bit I will try putting a 09-10 OS in it when I get time. I've already tuned it and it's already broke so it won't hurt my feelings if it takes a shit.
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

The replacement TCM T14A is a POS as well.

I have a bricked on here on my desk, TIS asks for the Hardware Number and even with the correct HW# and VIN entered in the TIS2WEB System it still bricked.

If you want the TCM to play with Ross I can ship it to you, its a paperweight, if you want a project I have one for you to play around with !!!

Lemme know.......
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

I think at the least we can prevent the software detect them as an A50. I'm interested to see what happens when you try to flash an 09-10 OS in one. If it works fine then I just had a bad egg I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    I have a bricked on here on my desk, TIS asks for the Hardware Number and even with the correct HW# and VIN entered in the TIS2WEB System it still bricked.
    OK, that is bad, I wonder how that has not fed back to GM / Allison from the dealers to get resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    If you want the TCM to play with Ross I can ship it to you, its a paperweight, if you want a project I have one for you to play around with !!!
    I have lots of projects already thanks
    Are you guys sure the T14 isn't supposed to be a replacement for the A40?

Quote Originally Posted by comnrailpwr View Post
    I think at the least we can prevent the software detect them as an A50. I'm interested to see what happens when you try to flash an 09-10 OS in one. If it works fine then I just had a bad egg I would say.
    If anyone has a read from one of these T14's I can probably configure the software to not detect or attempt to flash one of these T14's if they just don't work.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

Oh no don't do that the T14's are in all the 2011-2015 trucks, if thats done then we can no tuna anymore
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Default tonight I tried to full flash a E35B and an A40 and both failed with TIS The TCM is

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    With GM controllers the Autodetect typically works based off a list of known part numbers we request, GM might have carried over a P/N that is shared between the two TCM's but they are in fact different.....that would be bad.
    Do you know if the T14 been out long ?
    I tis flashed it twice and it died...again..... What now...????????? Chuck, CoW momentarialy STUCK like a pig.... stuck
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

The TCM will report a Valid SN#, when attempting to read it states "FLASH RECOVERY" then errors out $0101

But its alive enough to give up its TCM SN#

Executing: C:\Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config\A40_R.obj
    Virtual Machine Started
    Script Loaded
    Script Verified
    Flash recovery mode...
    Please: Wait...
    Script exited with code $0101: No data received

But its junk for sure.

T14A hdw # 24256864

Supposed to be a A40 replacement.......but they are JUNK !!!
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast