Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Unsure how to update all vve tables? Can't correct lean condition in speed density

I give up.... I cannot get my idle AFR to go below 16.00!! I have posted me stock tune, my SD tune (for tuning VE), and my SD tune, attempted to correct idle. in the attempt to correct idle I added 60,70,80,85,90% to the 400-1200 rpm cells to try to richen it up in the VE. I added 1g/sec to the minimum idle base vs, coolant temp in the 1200rpm and under cells, and added 2 degrees to the base idle timing map, in the idle area. Nothing will make this darn thing run rich!! So frustrating
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    I give up.... I cannot get my idle AFR to go below 16.00!! I have posted me stock tune, my SD tune (for tuning VE), and my SD tune, attempted to correct idle. in the attempt to correct idle I added 60,70,80,85,90% to the 400-1200 rpm cells to try to richen it up in the VE. I added 1g/sec to the minimum idle base vs, coolant temp in the 1200rpm and under cells, and added 2 degrees to the base idle timing map, in the idle area. Nothing will make this darn thing run rich!! So frustrating
    2007CUSTOM_CTSV_SPEED_DENSITY_0000.ctz

Try this
    "All that is needed for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing..."

Are you getting a MAF DTC showing up immediately...?

~Moderator~

No dtcs now. I had turned the maf dtcs off for temporary running speed density

Ok... yeah that worked turned back on the maf dtcs and bam it worked... tweaked the ve and now my changes actually show up!! Now on to the next problem I was being lazy and used my hp tuners cable and scanner to setup a histogram for ve from my NGK AFx and it works, but I can't copy and paste my Ve table from the hpt scanner to the efi editor?

Thanks everyone So far for your help! Huge Improvement! I'm really thankful for swingtons VVE guide, it worked well, that and all of your help! My LTFT trims are around 3-4% now, still needs a few tweaks, my tune creaps away to almost -10%LTFT as IAT temps climb, can I alter the IAT verses injector flow rate perminately to fix this?

Anyway no more lean or maf codes, but next issue still seing P1516, P2101 and reduced power past 60-70% full throttle, so I cant dial in the high maf table, or PE, untill that gets fixed! Any Ideas? It is a car base OS file, excepting a LS2 TB, I'm using a truck TB its a 88mm Gen IV unit. Key on full throttle no codes, and I have to customers wiht the same pcm file, and TB, no issues, but maybe they have a different tune? The scaler you'd think would be close enough 88mm verses 90mm?? I can try changing the etc scaller and see what happens... I've had bad luck with this in the past, causing a ETC processor fault code when I change the etc.. but it maybe my only option?? Why is a 2006 SSR 88mm TB E40 etc scaller so much different then a truck 09 Colorado 88mm TB etc scaller (E67) same TB vastly different scaller.

I'm gonna start a new thread for the reduced power, and link it here, feel free to comment on the trims going astray with the IAT? And Any write ups on how to tune PE on a Gen IV E67, or E38 might be close enough? Thanks again everyone

If you don't get a MAF DTC then you're still running from MAF (i.e. not SD).

~Moderator~

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    If you don't get a MAF DTC then you're still running from MAF (i.e. not SD).

~Moderator~
    Yeah thanks, that's what it was, that all fixed, I can esily switch back from SD, and back to stock now, just the pesky P1516... now but thanks for your help, and speedy reply

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12