Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Unsure how to update all vve tables? Can't correct lean condition in speed density

Default Unsure how to update all vve tables? Can't correct lean condition in speed density

I'm using swingmans guide to vve tuning and that seems to have put my pcm into speed density mode, as i thought it's way to lean and pegging my wide band max lean (16afr). I tried taking out 25% of the ve table, near the idle cells, no change, so either I need to add 25% in stead of subtract? Do I make the ve table smaller or larger to get richer?

How do you use one vve table to update all coefficients? Is there a way to open all vve tables and update them all at once? How do you know when you've updated all of them? Maybe I'm missing 1 or 2? And thats why I'm not seeing the changes I command?

I'd rather be 12-13 afr then 16, and then slowly lean it out to get 14.7ish I'm afraid I'm burning valves it's so lean!

Motor is a 2007 lh6 5.3l aluminum block flat top pistons, 243 truck heads, ls3 springs and cam, Brian tooley/comp .80 pushrods, ls2 intake, volant cia with ls7 maf, ls7 lifters, dod deleted. 2007 ctsv 6.0l e67 base OS 58x pcm. T56 trans

I'm getting lean codes, p1516, p2102, and maf perf range codes, case learn code. Pretty sure it's because it's seeing 25% to lean through 500-3000 rpm, ounce I dial in the vve and maf, it will likely behave?

Thanks -Jamie

Lifetime Member

Increase the values to add fuel, if you're seeing 16:1 you need to bump it up.

You have to apply your values to 1 VVE table (pick one), then generate the coefficients, then copy the VVE to the other tables and generate the coefficients there as well. You might be able to just copy the coefficients over, but it's not that much additional time to just generate the tables separately.

Yes, it's way lean so not surprised you're getting a code. P1516, P2101 are throttle body correlation errors, are you running a compatible TB and pedal for your 07 CTSV OS? MAF, should be disabling the first few MAF codes to force it into SD, otherwise not sure why you're getting that.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks, yeah sorry those were the codes before I changed it to run speed density. The vve sure is a pain! Do you save after you update each vve table it keeps giving me multiple vve windows open when I hit save? I'm so confused it's so complicated! Anyone have a how to or video on how to update the ve? This takes so long each ve update I do will take 10times mode the the gen 3 did! Any way to make all 6 ve tables the same? Quickly? To cut updating time?

Post some screenshots so we can see what your doing (SHIFT-PRTSCR... see getgreenshot.org).

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Increase the values to add fuel, if you're seeing 16:1 you need to bump it up.

You have to apply your values to 1 VVE table (pick one), then generate the coefficients, then copy the VVE to the other tables and generate the coefficients there as well. You might be able to just copy the coefficients over, but it's not that much additional time to just generate the tables separately.
    I thought you had to pick one table (depending on the MAP) and only mess with that and not touch the others ... or is this different from the E38?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mean Green Z28 View Post
    I thought you had to pick one table (depending on the MAP) and only mess with that and not touch the others ... or is this different from the E38?

You should really copy the changes to all 4 tables, assuming you dont have a IMTV and/or AFM/DOD. The reasoning behind this is, if for some reason 3 of the VVE tables are left stock and the ECM switches to a different table (incorrectly), you could cause some damage. When it's a quick copy/paste/generate, seems like cheap insurance to me. YMMV, but this is how I've been doing them for all Gen IV ECMs.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

There are 12 tables grouped into 4 groups (IMTV open, IMTV closed, IMTV open AFM, IMTV closed AFM) of 3 tables (1-bar, 2-bar, 3-bar)...

in any of the 4 groups, the 1-bar/2-bar/3-bar tables overlap within that group (i.e. occupy the same space);

but the tables in any group do not overlap the other groups.

So you would choose 1-bar, 2-bar of 3-bar (depending on MAP) in the IMTV open group, as Mean Green said, you would correct this table (and gernerate its corresponding coefficients)...

and then you would copy this table to each of the the corresponding table in the other 3 groups (IMTV closed, AFM on, AFM off) as Erik said.

Ahhhh now I get it

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    There are 12 tables grouped into 4 groups (IMTV open, IMTV closed, IMTV open AFM, IMTV closed AFM) of 3 tables (1-bar, 2-bar, 3-bar)...

in any of the 4 groups, the 1-bar/2-bar/3-bar tables overlap within that group (i.e. occupy the same space);

but the tables in any group do not overlap the other groups.

So you would choose 1-bar, 2-bar of 3-bar (depending on MAP) in the IMTV open group, as Mean Green said, you would correct this table (and gernerate its corresponding coefficients)...

and then you would copy this table to each of the the corresponding table in the other 3 groups (IMTV closed, AFM on, AFM off) as Erik said.
    Thanks Joe, that is correct.
    ~Erik~

Well I figured out the error I need to genorate each table independently, then colpase it before saving

Anyway I have added 30% to all tables no change still pegged max lean shaking running horrible

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast