Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFI autoCAL ECM flash failure

Exclamation EFI autoCAL ECM flash failure

I see a couple posts below with the same issue but I'm not having the same resolution.
    I have a 2012 Cummins 6.7 the truck was returned to me a week ago due to ecm failure.
    The truck was driving perfectly fine(except for egr warnings).
    Decided it was time to put the tune back on it.
    I purchased my VIN license direct from efilive and had it within minutes.
    Upon following the proper steps(2010-2012 6.7CMD Mercenary Instructions), I unlocked the ecm and began flashing the tune file to the truck.
    When the flash had completed and I turned the truck off, when I turned the key back to on, the truck was completely locked!
    What could have gone wrong? When the truck locked up like this last time(2 months ago) that encited the new ecm.
    Please help.
    I'm also putting an inquiry into efi customer service, as I believe they have some explaining to do.

Thanks

Lifetime Member

Who did you tunes? You need talk to them about it as well, and they will need to engage EFILive support as necessary.

What do you mean by "locked up"? Can you run/drive the vehicle? It sounds like you cannot flash, but at what point did the flash fail? What is the error code?
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

The tune is on the autoCAL "CSPmod". Locked out as in will not turn over and is in anti-theft mode. A typical issue with rams

Quote Originally Posted by EngiNERD View Post
    I have a 2012 Cummins 6.7 the truck was returned to me a week ago due to ecm failure.
    Did the truck just stop to require an ECM replacement or was there some other issue that the repair shop decided an ECM needed to be replaced?

Upon following the proper steps(2010-2012 6.7CMD Mercenary Instructions), I unlocked the ecm and began flashing the tune file to the truck.
    I am not familiar with the 'Mercenary Instructions' you refer to, do you have a link?

When the flash had completed and I turned the truck off, when I turned the key back to on, the truck was completely locked!
    What could have gone wrong?
    Are you sure the tune you flashed in is ok? From what you describe the flash completed fine but was corrupted or modified in some way that the ECM cannot restart in to normal operation.

When the truck locked up like this last time(2 months ago) that encited the new ecm.
    Did you use the same file as when this happened last time?

I'm also putting an inquiry into efi customer service, as I believe they have some explaining to do.
    I understand you are mad but before the blame is put in the lap of EFILive lets figure out what has happened to get to this stage again.

Regards,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Lifetime Member

The tune is on the autoCAL "CSPmod". Locked out as in will not turn over and is in anti-theft mode. A typical issue with rams
    Ok, that is the name of the tune, not the shop who provided the actual tune and AutoCal unit to you. Mercenary seems to redirect to Anarchy Diesel, so I'd start talking to them as it seems there is an issue with the tune file they provided. I'm betting the VIN is incorrect in the tune.
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Ok, that is the name of the tune, not the shop who provided the actual tune and AutoCal unit to you. Mercenary seems to redirect to Anarchy Diesel, so I'd start talking to them as it seems there is an issue with the tune file they provided. I'm betting the VIN is incorrect in the tune.
    Thank you. That's what I'm currently doing. I've got my inquiry in at the shop. I'm waiting to hear back. If I don't hear by 4pm I will be giving them a call back, so I can be in front of my laptop and truck with all the information they may need to provide a new tune file. This file should be in line with the new ecm and licensing I purchased.

These threads did wonders in getting me on the right track. Huge Thanks to everyone

Lifetime Member

Thank you. That's what I'm currently doing. I've got my inquiry in at the shop. I'm waiting to hear back. If I don't hear by 4pm I will be giving them a call back, so I can be in front of my laptop and truck with all the information they may need to provide a new tune file. This file should be in line with the new ecm and licensing I purchased.

These threads did wonders in getting me on the right track. Huge Thanks to everyone
    Glad they're getting you squared away and glad we could help get you on the right track. Please report back once you've got everything resolved so we know how it turns out!
    ~Erik~

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Glad they're getting you squared away and glad we could help get you on the right track. Please report back once you've got everything resolved so we know how it turns out!
    Bad news. Anarchy Diesel has advised that the ecm is dead again. They recommend I send it out to Indiana to a Jesse Bubb to recover it. Although my unlock and flashing had shown 100% completion, a voltage drop or battery short could have caused the failure. Has anyone encountered this? They said the tune file should have been applicable to the new ecm.

Lifetime Member

Bad news. Anarchy Diesel has advised that the ecm is dead again. They recommend I send it out to Indiana to a Jesse Bubb to recover it. Although my unlock and flashing had shown 100% completion, a voltage drop or battery short could have caused the failure. Has anyone encountered this? They said the tune file should have been applicable to the new ecm.
    :( Sorry to hear it. Jesse should be able to recover it, I'm not sure what he charges right now for that service. I would politely ask Anarchy for a new tune built off a clean base file, if the same file has killed 2 ECMs, I'm going to assume there's something in the tune that's causing it.

Paul, do AutoCals save the tracelog like the V7.5/8 softwares do for reading/flashing? I.E. could analysis be done and determine why this occurred?
    ~Erik~

Erik, it isn't the first time this has happened to someone with a late model Cummins and unfortunately all the trace files show is the flash completed then dead. We have in the past suspected an issue within the tune but then where this has happened in the past the tune has been used on other vehicle without issue. Nobody ever said Cummins is easy that is for sure.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast