Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boot Pin Location

Hi. My first post here and I'm searchin for help with problematic 2012 model LGH Express van.

The deal is this. I did not find 100% same file from databases so I did not dare to write random file with few different parts with Flashscan without boot mode back up.
    I removed ECM from the van and read it with Ktag. Reinstalled the ECM to the van and it would not start. For some reason it had lost the serial number and BCC fields and new Serial was just 1.
    I removed the ECM again and read the ECM again. MPC and Flash were identical but Eeprom had some blank areas compared to the original read.
    I then wrote it again and same result. Flashscan identifies TCM and ECM just fine but car wont start and the serial has changed to 1 again.
    Then I noticed this thread and used Flashscan to write the original Ktag read files to the ECM and Viola! After that the serial was not 1 but at least full length code but after first ignition on cycle the freaking was again 1 and no start.
    Van occasionally cranks for half a turn but usually the key just does nothing. Instruments light up some times and some times they dont seem to do anything. The glow plug and check engine light light up but are very dimm when the ignition is on.

Is there any procedure I should use or is the ECM or some other module in the van now dead? I can read, wrtie and ID the ECM just fine but for some rason it erases the Eeprom file.

I gave up for tonight and left the van with batteries disconnected. I will try to measure all fuses and relays tomorrow. If I measured correctly the lift pump fuse did not have any power to it (no pump sound either) so at least part of the problem might be just blown fuse or some other 0.1$ fault. Hopefully.

Apparently I could have just written the calibration file with Flsashscan even tough System and Engine diagnostics had one number difference on both files between what is in the ECM and what was in the database file. I just didnt dare to try without full backup and now I'm left with a Van that does not run, In a town 300km from home and 400km from nearest proper Chevy dealership. Live and learn I suppose.

Provide your VIN

Quote Originally Posted by hatemi View Post
    I removed the ECM again and read the ECM again. MPC and Flash were identical but Eeprom had some blank areas compared to the original read.
    FYI, EFILive never writes to the EEPROM area (actually, it can't be done via OBD-II, only via JTAG).
    I think your only option is to try to get the KTAG to write back exactly what it read out to the EEPROM area.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hi. The VIN is 1GCWGFCL3C1202604.

I allready tried writing the original EEprom with Ktag but after the ECM was used in the van the same area of the eeprom was blank. I re read it after write but before it was connected to the ECM harness and the data was not changed at that point yet. Just after it was connected and ignition turned on it got funky.

I measured the fuses and part of the relays. For some reason Fuel pump relay has 12v but the fuse does not have 12v on either sides of it. Does anyone know where the power to the fuelp pump fuse should come from? It was nr 24.

I re read the ECM again. MPC and FLS are the same but EPR is missing first part again. What the heck can erase the data when the ECM is connected to the rest of the van?

That I don't know, but I remember on the LMM Bosch supplied ECM they used to self erase that part of the memory, GM even released an update for it. I know that isn't your issue here.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

I re read the ECM again. MPC and FLS are the same but EPR is missing first part again. What the heck can erase the data when the ECM is connected to the rest of the van?
    That would be a question you should ask Alientech. They may be able to fix the file for you.

Hi. The VIN is 1GCWGFCL3C1202604.
    PM me if you still need help

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast