Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Device Failed Enumeration/No Interface Cable Found

Lifetime Member

Is it reverse compatible with my older non-.ctz files? I have a shitload of tunes and need the ability to revert other peoples' cars back to stock if need be or a previous tune they may have preferred. When I plugged it in and it did work with the desktop, I saw no way of it telling me what version I have. I really want to try redoing the drivers first.
    1998 GMC Sierra K1500 5.7/4L80E, longtubes, 411 w/COS 5, marine cam/intake, Whipple. 91 octane at 6000'.
    1997 GMC Sierra K3500 7.4/4L80E, 411 w/COS 3, Whipple, small cam.
    2004 Corvette Z06 with longtubes.

Lifetime Member

I just plugged it into my Z06 and saw nothing regarding firmware. I explored every menu option I could find.
    1998 GMC Sierra K1500 5.7/4L80E, longtubes, 411 w/COS 5, marine cam/intake, Whipple. 91 octane at 6000'.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Yes it's backwardly compatible but not forward compatible. What that means is the newest software can read/open/flash all older files. However, the old software cannot read/open/flash all newer files. That only causes a problem if you are sharing tune files with third parties that are running older versions of software than you. For example if you update to the latest version and edit a tune file and send it to someone who has an older version of the software that person won't be able to read/open/flash that new file until they too update to the latest version. You will both still be able to read/open/flash all your library of older tune files.

Anyway about uninstalling/re-installing the drivers.
    Make sure you have the CD that came with your FlashScan device - it will have the old drivers that you want to retain that are compatible with the old version of the V7 software that you want to keep running. We no longer have any copies of those old drivers and/or old software.

To totally un-install the drivers and to remove the driver files from the PC/laptop you'll need to download this utility:CDMuninstallerGUI.zip
    Unplug all FlashScan devices form your PC.
    Unzip and run the downloaded program.
    Enter the following values: Vendor ID=0403, Product ID=E4A1 then click [Add]. That should add those options to the list of devices to be removed. (Note: 0403 is FTDI's vendor ID and E4A1 is FlashScan V2's USB product ID)
    Then click [Remove Devices].
    You will see a message saying "Device removed from system.", click [OK].
    Close the program.

Connect FlashScan and Windows should attempt to find the drivers for it. It should not be able to find any driver files because they were just removed. You will need to tell the driver installation to search the CD for matching drivers. If Windows does not give you a chance to browse for driver files, you will need to use Windows Device Manager to update/install the device driver files from the CD. Press the shortcut key: Windows+Pause/Break to bring up the System Properties window, from there navigate to "Device Manager" and expand the USB Devices branch:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DevMgr_FSV2_Drivers.png 
Views:	195 
Size:	149.9 KB 
ID:	20928

Right click on "EFILive FlashScan V2" and select "Update Driver Software...". Browse to the CD where the driver files are.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Supercharged111 View Post
    I just plugged it into my Z06 and saw nothing regarding firmware. I explored every menu option I could find.
    The firmware must be so old that it was before the "Display Firmware Version" option was added to the menu.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

I can believe that. Thanks so much for the driver install walk through.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12