Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Were do I find Ben factor LTFT ?? or any ben factor I don't see any ben in my pids

Ok, so long term trims will come on right away? They usually seem delayed? And using ltft, I should turn on stft, and ltft, then disable the maf, and decel cat protection, as normal.

Now I still need some kind of map and Ben for ltft verses ve don't I?

Then I'll need a Ben and map for maf lo, maf hi. After I get the ve dialed in.

I still want to use my wide band for upper maf, and pe right? And I don't mind logging it all the time just to get a feel for were my trims are heading to.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    So you can read the wideband voltage thru the pid GM.ACP...?

See attached pdf, is this the same as you NGK AFX...?

If so then see attached calc_pids.txt... you will use the pid CALC.WO2BEN (which uses the pids SAE.LAMBDA and CALC.WB.LAM).

I need to see the log file, tune file, and some screenshots to see what went wrong.

See attached calc_pids.txt... the pid CALC.SELBEN does exactly what you want (LTFT's for PT, WB for WOT/PE).

Are you sure you want LTFT+STFT...? If so, you can add a pid for this and edit the SELBEN pid to use this instead of LTFTBEN (do you want me to do it for you...?)

BTW: calc_pids.txt file needs at least 2 blank lines at its end.

http://www.bmotorsports.com/download...ual_REV_06.pdf

This is mine, sorry I was working a long shift today. Just got off work, thanks for going out of your way, to help Joe I'll buy you a good dinner and beer, if you come to visit Vancouver BC someday!!

Still reading through all your info, and downloading the updates is slow do to the hotel wifi, I'll be back in Vancouver tomorrow evening, but still I can play around on my note book at the hotel.

Yeah the GM.ACP was working and was accurate through the a/c port via the voltage offset, I might move it back to the brake booster pcm signal, but I can easily change .acp to the booster later.

9.0 16.00 .2 "{GM.ACP}*1.4+9.03"

reading through the manual I think I have this setup correctly? I had "{GM.ACP}*1.4+9" but at 16AFR on the gauge the log didn't match, little bit of match later and it now matched at "{GM.ACP}*1.4+9.03"

"See attached calc_pids.txt... the pid CALC.SELBEN does exactly what you want (LTFT's for PT, WB for WOT/PE)." perfect that's probably perfect, any advantage or disadvantage to using STFT, as well?
    Last edited by 04colyZQ8; April 3rd, 2017 at 03:18 PM.

whats the difference between the last two calc_pids you sent? Looks good to me, except:
    *CLC-00-080
    V 0.0 5.0 .2 "{GM.ACP}"
    AFR 9.0 16.0 .2 "{CALC.WB.V}*1.4+9"
    LAM 0.5 1.5 .3 "{CALC.WB.AFR}/14.55"
    EQR 0.5 1.5 .3 "1/{CALC.WB.LAM}"

should become this:

*CLC-00-080
    V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{GM.ACP}"
    AFR 9.0 16.0 .2 "{CALC.WB.V}*1.4+9.03"
    LAM 0.5 1.5 .3 "{CALC.WB.AFR}/14.57"

I think according to my manual, and my earlier voltage offset?

Ok Joe how do these look? I'm getting a few red x through some pids, is that map correct?
    Attached Files Attached Files

here is a screen shot
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scanner_screen_shot.png 
Views:	142 
Size:	139.4 KB 
ID:	20932  

Does anyone have a E67/E38 maf hi lo, map? I cant copy the lables from the editor to th scanner

my custom map for maf, hi, lo created from hp tuners editor copied col axis, and by hand removed the extra comma on each one..fingers tired now lol:( will these work?

{B5001} MAF Calibration - E67-Lo_SLben-map.txt
    {B5001} MAF Calibration - E67-hi_SLben-map.txt

Lifetime Member

You're in Vancouver huh, good to know. I'm in Seattle and find myself up that way a few times a year. I'll drop you a PM when I'm heading up that way next if you ever want to meet up!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by 04colyZQ8 View Post
    Ok, so long term trims will come on right away? They usually seem delayed? And using ltft, I should turn on stft, and ltft, then disable the maf, and decel cat protection, as normal.

Now I still need some kind of map and Ben for ltft verses ve don't I?

Then I'll need a Ben and map for maf lo, maf hi. After I get the ve dialed in.

I still want to use my wide band for upper maf, and pe right? And I don't mind logging it all the time just to get a feel for were my trims are heading to.
    Trims will come into effect as soon at the CL warmup temperature is reached.

Yes, enable CL/LTFT/STFT (just like stock), disable the MAF (make sure a MAF DTC shows up immediately), disable DFCO and COTP.

Yes, use CALC.LTFTBEN for the map (i.e. on the map properties Data tab).

Yes, use wideband for upper MAF (you will have to enable MAF and disable VE for this) and PE.

The pid CALC.SELBEN dynamically selects CALC.LTFTBEN during CL (see CALC.TRIMMING) and selects CALC.WO2BEN during non CL.

whats the difference between the last two calc_pids you sent? Looks good to me, except:

should become this:

*CLC-00-080
    V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{GM.ACP}"
    AFR 9.0 16.0 .2 "{CALC.WB.V}*1.4+9.03"
    LAM 0.5 1.5 .3 "{CALC.WB.AFR}/14.57"

I think according to my manual, and my earlier voltage offset?
    Yes, that's ok, you can edit the calc_pids.txt file.

Ok Joe how do these look? I'm getting a few red x through some pids, is that map correct?
    I haven't had a chance to look yet, but I will shortly.

here is a screen shot
    The calc pid with the red X: on this pid go rightclick->More Info to see which other pids need to be selected.

The other pids with red X: try this: go Info->Validate Pids and see if the red X's go away... otherwise they are the wrong pids for this ECM, or are not supported by this ECM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast