Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 08 E38 electric fan problem

Default 08 E38 electric fan problem

hi I am defiantly a newbie to tuning iv been reading a lot and trying things. but for the life of me I cant get the fans to come on iv tried the fan patch I have messed with G0922 -G0927 iv tried G0901 I have tried all the PWN witch make the fan work but the relay start ticking really fast or slow depending witch PWM I chose I have no idea what to try next. this is a swap that came out of a 2008 chevy express van with a stand alone harness from painless wiring harness
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lifetime Member

Are you trying to run a set of efans or PWM fan on a calibration that did not originally come equipped with them? Unfortunately, to do that, you need to change come parameters that are not available in EFILive, you will need to have someone modify the settings for you, use a different software to modify it or build a .cax file to add the parameters into your calibration.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Yes I am trying to run just regular fans not pwm style.. so basically I should of got a computer out of something that was equipped with electric fans originally?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Davidss View Post
    Yes I am trying to run just regular fans not pwm style.. so basically I should of got a computer out of something that was equipped with electric fans originally?
    Got it, so a normal set of discrete-style efans. No, your ECM can handle it just fine, just EFILive doesnt have the tables needed to tweak the last few parameters to make it work properly. There are some people on the forum who may do it for free or a nominal fee. You could go through the hassle of getting an ECM out of a vehicle already equipped, but then you'll need to license another ECM and possibly re-work your harness.

Also, I get a B1846 out of range error with your file, I'd suggest modifying these values slightly to ensure they're below the threshold. I have updated it in the attached file.

I have attached a new tune that has a System segment copied from an 08 Escalade with the 6.2 as it is setup for efans from the factory. I have no idea if this will work or not, but you will need to full flash the tune into your ECM. If it works, you can then change the ECT and ACP fan settings and cal-flash from here on. Disclaimer: I am not responsible if this does not work or if it bricks your ECM. Proceed with caution and at your own risk. You will likely need to disable VATS again and if desired, apply the fan range patch again.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    ~Erik~
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.

thank you I will try it later tonight.

Lifetime Member

I will try not to hijack this thread, but does anyone have a list of the GenIV ECM's that had discrete fans from the factory? It would help when trying to find a system segment to use for this type of application.

Im having the same problem but i also have hpt so basically i can set it up with hpt b4 i go buying credits?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by JCA View Post
    Im having the same problem but i also have hpt so basically i can set it up with hpt b4 i go buying credits?
    HPT has the parameters needed to enable efans, there are a few threads on their forum on how to do this.
    ~Erik~

Thanks erik bit frustrating i have to use other software for something basic like this

did this fix for the fans work? I have the same issue with the fans

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast