Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 2017 Duramax

The idea of designing an ECM and having rock solid software running it is pretty daunting, these companies do an amazing job for sure so I don't want to rain on their parade in any way. But I'm not sure what benefit it would be to use one on the LB7 etc, maybe they do need to get serious about the L5P instead and with volume the price might come down.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Yeah that's rediculous

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Custom tune on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FEd Y Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dmaxink View Post
    Really not certain what solutions will be taken. Much like EFI, PPEI has also established great connections in the programming industry - long story short... We have spent literally hundreds of thousands trying to crack this ECU and we have only made it full circle to see we currently see no way of it being done.

Now, i'm sure someone will think outside the box and (Even maybe simply) make it happen... but all of my techniques and contacts have been exhausted.. We will not be visiting L5P for at least a few months again... No clue what is going to be done!
    Let the Russians hack it, or have Snowden get someone in the NSA to hack GM's servers.............LOL

But on a more serious note.........it will dampen new L5P sales and make the LML, LBZ market even stronger for resale values.

GM Most likely will see these sitting on the lots, people who don't want to tune them will buy them, but the enthusiast with $60k+ and on top of that $10K in mods will refuse to upgrade.

I know I had a new 2018 on my radar, but now a low mileage 2016 Denali is in my cross hairs.

And yes, as Ross stated, a sad day indeed.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Let the Russians hack it, or have Snowden get someone in the NSA to hack GM's servers.............LOL

But on a more serious note.........it will dampen new L5P sales and make the LML, LBZ market even stronger for resale values.

GM Most likely will see these sitting on the lots, people who don't want to tune them will buy them, but the enthusiast with $60k+ and on top of that $10K in mods will refuse to upgrade.

I know I had a new 2018 on my radar, but now a low mileage 2016 Denali is in my cross hairs.

And yes, as Ross stated, a sad day indeed.

Same here come 500k on my lb7 I will do a 16 high country

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Custom tune on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FEd Y Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    Probably come down to replacement hardware, these guys appear to be working on the older stuff not sure if they will last I don't foresee them flying off the shelf at that price. https://www.razemotorsports.com/prod...ax-lml-ecu-kit
    I happen to know personally who is behind that project......I will probably have one for testing, he is a long time customer and personal friend.

He has been working on it for a few years, the code will be void of any gotcha or "parameters" that look for or care about any thing other than the fuel system and turbos.............LOL

No messages, dtc codes or gremlins, like LB7 code for an LML.

I did not think he was that far along.
    www.mscservices.net

I don't see how a race stand along will ever fill the position of of a ecm that controls many functions of other modues on the data bus.

No messages, dtc codes or gremlins, like LB7 code for an LML.
    Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    I don't see how a race stand along will ever fill the position of of a ecm that controls many functions of other modues on the data bus.
    I thought the same thing, unless GM provided them with the intermodule CAN comms data it is probably for pure race trucks only. For the owner that just wants a bit better throttle response and better shifts with all emissions in place they will be out of luck still because I cannot imagine that ECM will have DPF & EGR, Urea control for the later models AND be EPA approved for road use.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I thought the same thing, unless GM provided them with the intermodule CAN comms data it is probably for pure race trucks only. For the owner that just wants a bit better throttle response and better shifts with all emissions in place they will be out of luck still because I cannot imagine that ECM will have DPF & EGR, Urea control for the later models AND be EPA approved for road use.
    As far as I was told last year when it was mentioned to me it is a custom OS, the person writing the software is quite talented at many tasks, including encryption........the files and editor will be from what I was told very secure from hacking and reverse engineering.
    www.mscservices.net

As far as I was told last year when it was mentioned to me it is a custom OS, the person writing the software is quite talented at many tasks, including encryption........the files and editor will be from what I was told very secure from hacking and reverse engineering.
    It would have to be their own ECM OS written from scratch or they'll find themselves in court if they reused any of GM's code. That is the impressive part for me, not sure how many people work there but companies like Bosch, Delphi etc have 'buildings' full of engineers to come up with what they do.

If anyone is interested here is GM's patent on the new security used.
    http://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/pdfs/US8930710.pdf

No need to read over the whole thing because the paragraphs under "2. Discussion of the RelatedArt" explain the cryptography used. Notice also that it was filed in January 2015 and two years later it finally appears, I doubt there is any exploit in this, I think GM spent a long time getting it right.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast