Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Were are all the Ben factros and calc pids for E67s? I'm so lost on logging

Default Were are all the Ben factros and calc pids for E67s? I'm so lost on logging

I'm switching over from Hp tuners to efi live... so lost I have done some tuning but only with hp tuners logs, as I cannot get efi logs figured out. I can't seem to copy from Hp tuners afr/ve error to efi, and have to do it manually such a pain. I have my wide band setup through the a/c port, with hp tuners, can this be done with EFI live, I can't find my screw in cable for the efi V2, and what a pain, I'd have to have that plug dangling around with exposed screw terminals? But I guess I'l have to buy a new plug. Unless I can log through the a/c, using efi live?

I the mean time, I'd rather just use STFT=LTFT to tune idle, part throttle VE, and maf. I have the SD tune figured out np, I'll just re-enable my LTFT, and STFT, fail the maf, and start logging

trouble is logging how, do I find ben factor VVE E67 verses STFT=LTFT? and how do I apply filters for ect, throttle, and such?

Take a look at the included AutoVE Tuning Tutorial included with the software. from the editor go to help --- tutorials.

In that document I give a couple examples on how to create custom pids, which is what your going to need to do so you can create maps/charts for your wideband afr/lambda & subsequent BEN factor.

If you have tied into your a/c port then you going to need to log that specific 0-5v pid and reference that in your new "custom pid".

to get you going something like this should help to get your wideband voltages into an working afr.

*CLC-00-007
    V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{GM.ACP}"
    AFR 10.0 20.0 .2 "{GM.ACP}*2+10"
    lambda 0.5 1.5 .4 "{CALC.AFR_ACP}/14.68"

CALC.AFR_ACP F001 CLC-00-007 "AFR,lambda,V" WO2-Analog "Wide Band AFR ACP"

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Take a look at the included AutoVE Tuning Tutorial included with the software. from the editor go to help --- tutorials.

In that document I give a couple examples on how to create custom pids, which is what your going to need to do so you can create maps/charts for your wideband afr/lambda & subsequent BEN factor.

If you have tied into your a/c port then you going to need to log that specific 0-5v pid and reference that in your new "custom pid".

to get you going something like this should help to get your wideband voltages into an working afr.

*CLC-00-007
    V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{GM.ACP}"
    AFR 10.0 20.0 .2 "{GM.ACP}*2+10"
    lambda 0.5 1.5 .4 "{CALC.AFR_ACP}/14.68"

CALC.AFR_ACP F001 CLC-00-007 "AFR,lambda,V" WO2-Analog "Wide Band AFR ACP"
    oh sweet thanks! Your a life saver I'm going to give it a try. Can I log it through the brake booster 0-5volt sensor?

I was told I should use LTFT+STFT is that in that same folder? I will however use my wideband for PE, and WOT.

Also I have a NGK/AFX wide band if that helps
    Last edited by 04colyZQ8; April 2nd, 2017 at 06:36 AM.

Help???????????? What is this how do I edit it? for my NGKAFX,and create a ben factor for my LTFT+STFT

# ================================================== ============================
    # File details
    # ------------
    #
    # This section defines various details about the file format.

*FILE

#Parameter Value Description
    #---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------
    VERSION 7.1.1 File version
    DECSEP . Decimal separator used in this file

# ================================================== ============================
    # Units
    # -------------------
    # See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *UNITS section

*UNITS

#Code System Abbr Description
    #-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------

None None "" "No units"

# Add slot definitions here
    # --------------------------------
    # See sae_generic.txt for more information on "SLOT" formats
    #
    #Units Low High Fmt Expression
    #------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------

*PRN - Parameter Reference Numbers
    # See sae_generic.txt for more information on the *PRN section
    #
    #Code PRN SLOT Units System Description
    #------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------

Feel like I need a degree in computer programming to use efi live:( certainly not as user friendly as hp tuners. But, I do overall like EFI better, so I got to force myself to learn this, I'll do my best

Is there no sticky on how to do this, or repository with other peoples pids, and bens? Surely I'm no the only one with a NGK/AFX, and surely others have E67 that they want to use a ben mao, and PID for LTFT+STFT why do we each have to write our own??

I feel like this is getting close? I downloaded it from here and changed anything that said E38, to E67 and I changed 20 to 16 since the max on mine is 16

Now how do I tell if this is setup for ac port?

# File details
    # ------------
    #

*FILE

#---------- ---------------- ---------------------------------------------------

# Units
    # -------------------

*UNITS

#-------- ---------- -------- -------------------------------------------------------------

None None "" "No units"

*CLC-00-000
    factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "{CALC.AFR_PLX1.AFR}/{E67.AFRATIO_DMA}

*CLC-00-001
    factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "1+((({SAE.LONGFT1}+{SAE.LONGFT2})/2)/100)

*CLC-00-002
    factor 0.0 2.0 .1 "1+((({SAE.SHRTFT1}+{SAE.SHRTFT2})/2)/100)

#
    #------------ ------------- ------------- ---- --------------------------------------------------------------

*CLC-00-003
    AFR 9.0 16.00 .1 "{(EXT.AD1-.5)*2.75+9"

#
    #------------------------- ---- ------------ ---------------- ---------------- ------------------------------------------

CALC.BEN_E67_PLX1 F600 CLC-00-000 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 1(E67) - PLX"
    CALC.BEN_E67_LTFT F601 CLC-00-001 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 1(E67) - LTFT"
    CALC.BEN_E67_STFT F602 CLC-00-002 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 1(E67) - STFT"
    CALC.NTK_AFX_AFR F603 CLC-00-003 AFR Fuel "Wide Band AFR"

How does this look? with my hpt setup I had 9.03 instead of 9 to account for a voltage offset

# File details
    # ------------
    #

*FILE

# Units
    # -------------------

*UNITS

None None "" "No units"

*CLC-00-000

*CLC-00-001

*CLC-00-002

#

*CLC-00-003
    AFR 9.0 16.00 .1 "{(CALC.ACPS)*1.4+9.03"

#

CALC.BEN_E67_PLX1 F600 CLC-00-000 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 1(E67) - PLX"
    CALC.BEN_E67_LTFT F601 CLC-00-001 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 1(E67) - LTFT"
    CALC.BEN_E67_STFT F602 CLC-00-002 factor O2-Wide "Base Efficiency Numerator 1(E67) - STFT"

OK this seems to work?? I think now how to link it to a Ve map?

# File details
    # ------------
    #

*FILE

# Units
    # -------------------

*UNITS

None None "" "No units"

*CLC-00-000

*CLC-00-001

*CLC-00-002

#

*CLC-00-003
    V 0.0 5.0 .1 "{GM.ACP}"
    AFR 9.0 16.00 .2 "{GM.ACP}*1.4+9.03"

#

I give up!!!! Ok so filled with anger and frustration

How in the hell do you set up a map?? I have my rows and columns setup but what do log for data? Don't I need a afr error?? Like I would have in hp tuners?

I'm so close to saying f*ck it and go by another credit for hpt so I can tune this damn thing!

If I could only copy from my hp tuners histogram to efi it would work, bypas this efi scanner that is impossible for me to learn, without a great deal of help

Please someone save me from hpt, I really want to use efi please !

I would give up using the e67 afr. You should just use the sae.lambda pid for commanded fueling.

I also don't understand why your trying to log stft/ltft if you want to use a BEN pid. You want to be in full open loop when making changes to your VVE or MAF scale.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast