Thread: How to add pid for E85 in version 7 ??

Default How to add pid for E85 in version 7 ??

So I bought a truck thats well known around where I am from and it was tuned with HP so I cant see the tune file; it just says its been locked but its not. I am trying to log everything so that I can then build my own tune with efi live but I can not figure out how to watch the A/f because I dont have a PID for that and ive been trying for days to figure out how to do this. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!!

Do you mean the AFR for commanded fueling...?

If so, then what engine is it...?

If it's a Gen 3 then log GM.AFR.
    Otherwise log E38.AFRATIO.

Otherwise:
    Which wideband are you using...?
    How are you connecting it to FSV2 (analog or serial)...?

I run an innavate scg-1 which had the output for the efilive that I've been logging gasoline A/f with the lc1 pid for years. Now I have a 2000 Silverado with a 4.8 running on ethanol with an LS one be controller factory controller but as I mentioned the guy who turned it for ethanol and made a little over 700 horse on the Dyno uses HP tuners so when I try to download his tune with EFI live so that I can make changes it tells me that it's been locked even though it's not so I'm trying to log everything I can because it does run pretty good The way it is but this guy is known for leaving fault enablers on and mil enablers on and the drivability sucks so I need to start logging the actual air fuel ratio for the ethanol so that I can go buy a new PCM I guess and then to net as close to his as I can as far as the air fuel and spark and then I can make my changes to the torque converter lockup and get the check engine light turned off and I also want to build a tune for regular gasoline because I've already gotten stuck a couple times with no gas stations that Carry 85. I read on here somewhere that I need some patch or something to be able to convert the readout from gasoline to ethanol but with my innovate gauge it's a simple as pressing a couple buttons and it will start reading out Values for ethanol

Quote Originally Posted by bstuder11 View Post
    I run an innavate scg-1 which had the output for the efilive that I've been logging gasoline A/f with the lc1 pid for years.
    You mean the pid CALC.AFR_LC11...?

Now I have a 2000 Silverado with a 4.8 running on ethanol with an LS one be controller factory controller but as I mentioned the guy who turned it for ethanol and made a little over 700 horse on the Dyno uses HP tuners so when I try to download his tune with EFI live so that I can make changes it tells me that it's been locked even though it's not
    It might be using an HPT Custom OS... do you know...?

so I'm trying to log everything I can because it does run pretty good The way it is but this guy is known for leaving fault enablers on and mil enablers on and the drivability sucks
    If driveability sucks then it doesn't run all that good.

so I need to start logging the actual air fuel ratio for the ethanol so that I can go buy a new PCM I guess and then to net as close to his as I can as far as the air fuel and spark and then I can make my changes to the torque converter lockup and get the check engine light turned off and I also want to build a tune for regular gasoline because I've already gotten stuck a couple times with no gas stations that Carry 85. I read on here somewhere that I need some patch or something to be able to convert the readout from gasoline to ethanol but with my innovate gauge it's a simple as pressing a couple buttons and it will start reading out Values for ethanol
    You can run the one tune for both fuels... PE lambda (or EQR) is the same for E00 (gasoline) or E85 (hint: tune using EQR or lambda, avoid using AFR).
    Which readout are you referring to...?

Yes it shows up as lc1 and lc11 in the second row.
    Yes, of course it's using a custom OS; the ls1B doesn't have parameters for boost
    The engine runs fine, the drivability issue is that the converter is not locking up until 80mph.
    Yes I am aware that lamda is lamda but I want to log A/F with the Ethenal like I do gas.
    I can't have any tunes right now because since he tuned it with hp it shows up locked even though he's shown me it's not. But yes that's my plan. I'm looking for that patch or whatever I need to do to make efi live read out Ethenal like it does gas.
    On my scg-1 it's a simple push of a button to change from gasoline or Ethenal I need to log this though so I know how rich to be at different pressures.

Quote Originally Posted by bstuder11 View Post
    The engine runs fine, the drivability issue is that the converter is not locking up until 80mph.
    ok, I see.

I'm looking for that patch or whatever I need to do to make efi live read out Ethenal like it does gas.
    ok, we'll get you set up with a calc pid for E85 wideband AFR... I'll do it whenI get home later today.

~ by phone ~