Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Flex Fuel Foruth-Gen Camaro Ethanol Sensor PID

Default Flex Fuel Foruth-Gen Camaro Ethanol Sensor PID

Hey guys,

New to EFI Live so pardon me if I'm asking a dumb question. I am in the process of converting a fourth-gen Camaro to flex fuel. It's an 02. Basically, we installed the OS out of a flex fuel Tahoe with the 411 computer--12216125. We have the flex fuel sensor wired in correctly, we know this since it's outputting to an AEM wideband fail safe gauge. The flex fuel sensor is split to pin 56 on the blue connector to the ecm. So the computer should have input from the flex fuel sensor. However, when we go to log the flex fuel sensor in a custom dash, the PID is either not available or labeled as something I don't recognize. Am I missing something here? And help would be great. We want to make sure we are getting signal from the flex fuel sensor to the ecm before we dump ethanol in it.

Thanks in advance.

Is there any setting for FF in table G1207...?

( I don't remember seeing one )

~ by phone ~

Not sure about that but we finally got it to show up after validating our PIDs. Problem solved. Thanks!

Validated pids

Which pid are you logging...?

Quote Originally Posted by ChaseChris8 View Post
    It's an 02. Basically, we installed the OS out of a flex fuel Tahoe with the 411 computer--12216125.
    The flex fuel sensor is split to pin 56 on the blue connector to the ecm.
    Is the donor vehicle a 2002 Tahoe...?

Did you get just the FF sensor, or just the PCM and OS from this vehicle...?

The vehicle is a 2002 Camaro SS that we are converting to flex fuel. So we are using the operating system out of the Tahoe, that's all. Flex fuel sensor was sourced separately and we are using the Camaro's stock computer.

However, we are running into some interesting problems https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...andomly-Shifts. The BCM seems to not be allowing communication either as the 6 speed manual won't allow me to shift into reverse and we have a constant "Service Vehicle" light on (not to be confused with a SES).

What year is the Tahoe...?

What year/model/vehicle is the FF sensor from...?

Tahoe operating system is from a 2002. As I mentioned before, no parts were used from the Tahoe. Just the OS. The flex fuel sensor is from AEM.

Lifetime Member

The base platform is different as it's a F-Body with a GMT800 platform tune. Not sure how to get around this, have you played with the G1207 settings to see if it works? You'll need to do a segment swap to a 6MT trans to make it work properly, dont know if you've done that or not.

If the AEM sensor is the same one as the factory GM ones, you should be ok.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Yeah, I don't think we'll be able to get it to work. I did check in the setting in G1207 and there isn't anything in there that really helped. I think the segment swap is what really screws us. Since there is no comparable file with a 6-speed, there is no way to do the trans segment swap--at least not as far as I know. Looks like we'll just be doing an E85 tune on the stock 12212156 OS. And yes, the AEM sensor has their brand on it but a GM part number on the back.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast