Thread: LB7 Hummer H2 Swap

Default LB7 Hummer H2 Swap

Thanks for the add. New to being a forum member so please let me know if I do something wrong. Currently in the process of swapping a LB7 into a 2005 Hummer H2. Looking for help in the computer integration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well what do you need to know? Lb7 is very straight forward. Get the mechanical components with an ecm/ficm/tcm. You use the gpcm from the donor lb7 with the glow plugs it is built for and the rest is relatively simple plug and play.

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Custom tune on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FEd Y Bridge.

Quote Originally Posted by t.ashton View Post
    Well what do you need to know? Lb7 is very straight forward. Get the mechanical components with an ecm/ficm/tcm. You use the gpcm from the donor lb7 with the glow plugs it is built for and the rest is relatively simple plug and play.

2004 Silverado Cali lb7, Airdog ll 165, fresh sticks at 325k, Custom tune on v2 for daily driver, 33x12.5 nitro at on 20 inch American steal wheels, modded factory air box, Profab Intake Horn, Batmo Wheel, Turbo port and polish, Full EGR Removed w/ fed belt, 3.5 inch MBRP Downpipe, Full five inch MBRP Exhaust axle dump, 10mm lbz cp3 pump, Dual Yellow Top Optimas, High Output Alternator, Cognito Pittman and idler w/ support kit, Cognito Contol arms, Drilled and Slotted Rotors on all four Corners, FEd Y Bridge.
    Thanks for the info. I have purchased a complete truck for parts. Almost to nice to cut up, so I should have all that's needed. My concern is interfacing the Ecm to the bcm. My plan is to use all factory gauges even down to the shifter display.

If you connect the ECM and TCM's J1850 into the 05's J1850 data bus at the data terminal, I see no reason all of that won't work. Up to 07 time frame(before they switched to high speed LAN, AKA CAN) most all of the dat messeges were pretty well universal. I know others have used S10 BCM and clusters and had the displays work just like stock, so the H2 being built primarily on a 2500 BURB chassis IIRC should work much the same. You'll have to add in the glow plug wire to the cluster from the ECM for the wait to start to work, but I would think most all of the class 2 data would work.
    1995 GMC 2500 SUBURBAN powered by 01 DURAMAX/ALLISON, little of this, a little of that,
    DIAMONDEYE 4" exhaust, CORSA muffler, AFE stage 1 dry filter, custom tuning by me, KENNEDY single pump and pump rub kit.