Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 LML new ECM and TCM

Default 2016 LML new ECM and TCM

Purchasing a new TCM and ECM both are available with nothing loaded (blank) Trying to avoid warranty issues later if needed. Can I just plug them both in and load the trans tune that was copied from the original and the engine tune was purchased as a stock replacement tune. Or what would be the best way to go about doing it. Never loaded an empty controller before. I have current V2 with 2 licenses left on it.

Also my Fuel system, Engine Diag and Engine operation numbers are all off by 1 number lower. Assuming these are a back dated software number not the latest version. Would this pose an issue ?

Thanks, Jeff

OK, so I tried my Idea of installing a TCM and a PCM, licensing and installing my original transmission tune and a purchased stock LML tune. I ended up with the VATS and a no crank no start. I set the paramaters under VATS relearn to 2 times and 30 seconds but this was also a no start no relearn.
    It also set all the Injector Calibration Incorrect codes P2686 through P2693 The VATS codes were P1631 and P0513.

Re-installed original ECU and TCM all is good so I can work on the others if anybody has any Ideas.
    Thanks, Jeff
    Last edited by jeffmarsh750; April 15th, 2017 at 08:06 AM.

Lifetime Member

Did you add the correct Vin # to each module?
    2011 LML 3500HD CC D/A 4x4
    2006 LBZ 3500 CC D/A 4x4 Sold
    2001 LB7 2500HD D/A 4x4 Sold

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmarsh750 View Post
    Purchasing a new TCM and ECM both are available with nothing loaded (blank) Trying to avoid warranty issues later if needed. Can I just plug them both in and load the trans tune that was copied from the original and the engine tune was purchased as a stock replacement tune. Or what would be the best way to go about doing it. Never loaded an empty controller before. I have current V2 with 2 licenses left on it.

Also my Fuel system, Engine Diag and Engine operation numbers are all off by 1 number lower. Assuming these are a back dated software number not the latest version. Would this pose an issue ?

Thanks, Jeff
    You can't load the tunes yourself. Chevy or Socal Diesel can do it for you. Anyone with abilities to bench flash and have GM TIS subscription can as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The two computers appeared to have a previously loaded tune as they had a vin in them. I did change the vin in both. I have a pass through as well with GM tis if needed. I have seen in other threads that you can transfer the injector flow rates (calibration codes) from the glow plug driver module into the ECM. Anyone know if this is possible with the 2016 LML ?

A V2 can copy the original injector flow data, so put the original ecm in the vehicle, copy the data, then install the new ecm and reprogram the data.

Key on, crank the engine, leave the key on, the usual hard learn is 3 key cycles, meaning crank it, leave the key on for 10 minutes, key off for 5-10 seconds, key on again, crank, leave on 10 mins, same thing for the third time, after that the VATS is learned.

EFI Full Fash IIRC is the same as TIS as far as the data being written completely.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Thanks DMax. Will give it a shot. Will it shorten the VATS learn time if you program that in your tune, say 2 times and 30 seconds ? and does the VATS have to learn every time you load a tune ?

YOU can try that method, and once it learns the VATS a flash does not effect it
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    A V2 can copy the original injector flow data, so put the original ecm in the vehicle, copy the data, then install the new ecm and reprogram the data.

Key on, crank the engine, leave the key on, the usual hard learn is 3 key cycles, meaning crank it, leave the key on for 10 minutes, key off for 5-10 seconds, key on again, crank, leave on 10 mins, same thing for the third time, after that the VATS is learned.

EFI Full Fash IIRC is the same as TIS as far as the data being written completely.
    Tony the "self learn" VATS feature went away back in 2007....................

You need a scan tool for all 2007.5+ trucks when replacing the ECM or TDM.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Quote Originally Posted by jeffmarsh750 View Post
    OK, so I tried my Idea of installing a TCM and a PCM, licensing and installing my original transmission tune and a purchased stock LML tune. I ended up with the VATS and a no crank no start. I set the paramaters under VATS relearn to 2 times and 30 seconds but this was also a no start no relearn.
    Thats because you need a scan tool to do the theft relearn on all 2007.5+ trucks.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast