Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: EFILive FCA tuning restrictions.

Default EFILive FCA tuning restrictions.

When will EFILive be releasing the tuning restrictions for the FCA mA table D0787 in the 07.5+ ecms? On the CMB ECM we can control the drivers to 5000mA. On 07.5+ we can only go to 2000mA without a CAX. This is becoming an issue for me on dual cp3 trucks running without a controller. The driver can handle it so I don't understand why the restrictions are set so low. Thanks.

Anybody home?

No I was away on vacation for the last 3 weeks
    We have been discussing a different approach to this rather than regenerating all calibrations with expanded ranges, instead we would allow users to disable the range checks to enter in whatever they wanted (the mathematical limits of the calibration), of course with that comes risk of setting something so far out of range that the earth is swallowed up, but I think that works better for us and users.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

That would work fine for me. Majority don't need it but it is something I see happening more and more in the future as getting rid of a controller gets rid of a failure point.

The difficult part to balance here is when someone sets something so far out of range if there is no limiting and it bricks the ECM (which can happen and does already happen with people using .cax files), most people will just accept they made an error and deal with the costs, 'most people'
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    The difficult part to balance here is when someone sets something so far out of range if there is no limiting and it bricks the ECM (which can happen and does already happen with people using .cax files), most people will just accept they made an error and deal with the costs, 'most people'
    Understandable, maybe implement a warning like their are other areas in the software would suffice. Put the risk in the end user but I understand that won't stop people from still screwing up and blaming EFILive for their mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by comnrailpwr View Post
    Understandable, maybe implement a warning like their are other areas in the software would suffice. Put the risk in the end user but I understand that won't stop people from still screwing up and blaming EFILive for their mistake.
    Warnings don't seem to deter people, a while ago we used to allow people to flash incompatible OS's on some of the gas ECM's (E38 for example), all that happened was a warning came up saying "You shouldn't do this as the ECM OS and the files OS are not compatible OS's and you might brick the ECM". 50% of people would do it anyway and brick the ECM and claim a new license for the replacement (which is fine, that is our policy). So in the end we just removed the option to bypass the warning and continue with the flash because it was just too much of a headache.

Cheers,
    Ross

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    We have been discussing a different approach to this rather than regenerating all calibrations with expanded ranges, instead we would allow users to disable the range checks to enter in whatever they wanted.
    This would be nice, there are some EFI defined tables/parameters in CMD land that I would like to use values outside EFI limits.

On the flip side, I see where you are coming from with how to handle/implement it. I'd be very excited if it works out though!!

Have we gotten anywhere with this? I have sent fleece and email about a month ago regarding getting a cax for the operating system I am using in a customer's truck with no answer. Its their dual cp3 kit I installed. I finally got his transmission back in his truck and sent another email yesterday, yet to have an answer. I need to get this customer's truck back up on the road. I am in need of a cax file for a CMC cummins running os11720604. Fleece sent me the last cax but am not having any luck this go around. I still have that cax and base file for another operating system (11551031 I believe) to use but I cannot remember where I put the cax to open it and modify with tune tool. Been too long and I have only done it once. The operating system I have a cax for was glitchy in this truck so thats why I don't want to use it unless I have too, but at least it would get him back on the road.

Yeah, the next major update will allow users to enter in whatever values they want, all restrictions removed. It will be a user option to disable the 'sanity' checks we have in there.
    I'm guessing maybe 1 or 2 weeks before that comes out as Beta.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast