Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2005 LLY No SRT's are enabled? Wont Pass SMOG California

Default 2005 LLY No SRT's are enabled? Wont Pass SMOG California

Hoping to get some help regarding an issue im having with an LLY. I typically get quite a few trucks in my shop (in southern california) that wont pass smog because they have had an after market tuner used on them and even though they were set back to "stock" the readiness monitors still wouldn't enable. Heres the weird issue im having with a 2005 LLY. ive flashed the vehicle with GM's SPS software back to stock and still when I look at it the readiness monitors are almost all set to "not supported" does anyone have an idea? attached is the pictures of what it looks like and the OS
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LLY not supported.PNG 
Views:	511 
Size:	255.0 KB 
ID:	20977   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OS info.PNG 
Views:	434 
Size:	247.6 KB 
ID:	20976  

maybe it has to actually run for a while, I know there are some issues with gasser when resetting an ecm the VW as an example need a period of time to either run a test or complete a test to obtain that readiness status, its a method to prevent a cheated test by resetting an ecm that may not recode again until some other event happens.

Not sure how the ecm is actually reporting the bits on or off to the scan tool.
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Quote Originally Posted by blades11b View Post
    Hoping to get some help regarding an issue im having with an LLY. I typically get quite a few trucks in my shop (in southern california) that wont pass smog because they have had an after market tuner used on them and even though they were set back to "stock" the readiness monitors still wouldn't enable. Heres the weird issue im having with a 2005 LLY. ive flashed the vehicle with GM's SPS software back to stock and still when I look at it the readiness monitors are almost all set to "not supported" does anyone have an idea? attached is the pictures of what it looks like and the OS
    Most if not all of those test are not supported because they are test in reference to a gas motor. I don't know much about California emissions but I would thing the not supported would be ignored when testing.

Please be more detailed about the failure specifics. I guess you are saying they are failing at the obd plug in??? And NOT opacity?
    Michael, Systems Engineer 04.5 D-max LLY, Phoenix, Arizona Email
    Custom Tuning Services
    DURAMAX/CUMMINS ECM's TCM's for sale, all years, 20% wholesale discount available
    EFILive's first VGT "Software Wastegate Tune"

You flashing them back to stock with a v2? Or dealer equipment ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And a new thing recently came out if the smog machine realizes invalid data from vehicle it must be sent to referee.

That certainly is odd. You should have misfire, comprehensive component and egr supported.
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires

By building the vehicle on tis2web. It's a federal vehicle. Are they running it on the smog machine as a cali vehicle ?

I didn't think there was a federal version of the LLY. Regardless it should have at least the misfire and comprehensive components even if it doesn't have an egr
    2008 Chevrolet 3500HD DRW LTZ
    285/75/17 Nitto Dura Grapplers, 4.56 gears, Front and rear ARB lockers, Efi Live tuning by me, Raptor 160 LP, Cognito 4-6 NTB Lift, 4" Exhaust, Built Trans by Mike L.

Sold - 2004 LB7 Duramax, EFI Live with DSP5 Tune
    stage 4 SC transmission, 265/70/16 tires

Reguardless what monitors are or are not on the vehicle. I'm just asking if the smog tech selected it as a federal vehicle or California vehicle. I'm a smog tech myself and the other smog guy at my shop smogged a diesel which was a federal truck as a California truck and the smog machine wouldn't communicate

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast