Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: April 2017, Beta Release 2

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default April 2017, Beta Release 2

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Download EFILive V7.5 (Updated to build 326 on April 21 to fix issue #4)
    Download EFILive V8

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE
    We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFlLive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFlLive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

Release Notes:
    Key Features:
    • Added extended descriptions for encoded PID values for most PIDs.
    • Fixed Cummins "Fast CAN" mode for CMD/CME controllers.
    • Fixed "Save As..." option so that it correctly defaults to the file's original folder.
    • Fixed V8 pass-thru scanning not working on VPW based controllers.
    • Fixed signed bitmask definitions in *.cax files (fixed in build 326).

Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.10 Build 326 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.5 Build 318 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.115 (Apr 18, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues:

Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
    The FPRACOM and FPRADES PIDs are not being handled correctly by the V7 scan tool software. If you include those PIDs in a V7 data log it may appear that multiple PIDs in the log file are corrupt.
    Workaround:
    Don't select those PIDs when logging LBZ/LMM using V7 or BBL.
    If you already have a log file with those PIDs in it that appears to be corrupt, try opening the log file in V8 to automatically strip out those two PIDs.

Issue #4:
    Defining a bitmask on a signed negative value in a *.cax file definition causes the tune file to fail to load.
    Workaround:
    Update to V7.5.10 Build 326.
    Last edited by Blacky; July 2nd, 2017 at 04:03 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

With a bitmask applied to a 32b signed value, the tune tool will fail to load the tune. If the value is defined as unsigned, it will load the tune properly.
    03 6spd

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCPG View Post
    With a bitmask applied to a 32b signed value, the tune tool will fail to load the tune. If the value is defined as unsigned, it will load the tune properly.

Can you send me an example tune file and cax that fails to load?
    I've tried a signed 32 bit value with a 16 bit mask and it loades fine here :(

Send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Can you send me an example tune file and cax that fails to load?
    I've tried a signed 32 bit value with a 16 bit mask and it loades fine here :(

Send to paul@efilive.com

Regards
    Paul
    Never mind, I reproduced the fault.
    I've updated the first post with V7.5 build 326 with the fault fixed.

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    Never mind, I reproduced the fault.
    I've updated the first post with V7.5 build 326 with the fault fixed.

Regards
    Paul
    Thank you!! Ignore my email...
    03 6spd

Hi Paul
    Flashing a LS1B PCM today caused trouble. It took about 8min or longer to flash and twice came up with errors at the end saying checksum errors. This was on two different ecus and using 129005 OS.

Quote Originally Posted by oztracktuning View Post
    Hi Paul
    Flashing a LS1B PCM today caused trouble. It took about 8min or longer to flash and twice came up with errors at the end saying checksum errors. This was on two different ecus and using 129005 OS.
    Can you please send me the trace files of those failed and successful flashes?

Regards
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by oztracktuning View Post
    Hi Paul
    Confirmed that 4x mode is being ignored for VPW cal-flashing and full-flashing. Will be fixed in next update.
    Still investigating the checksum errors
    Regards
    Paul

( question: when I add a specific vdb and I save the log file (after adding calc pids) the scantool saves the vdb filename in the log file, is that correct...? )

V7

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    ( question: when I add a specific vdb and I save the log file (after adding calc pids) the scantool saves the vdb filename in the log file, is that correct...? )

V7
    Whenever a log file is saved in V7, the current dashboard name is saved in the log file's meta data.
    Whenever a log file is created using black box logging, the dashboard name specified in the V8 scan tool's "V7 compatibility options" is saved in the log file's meta data.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	vdash.png 
Views:	226 
Size:	28.0 KB 
ID:	21027

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast