Thread: Trouble retreaving code from e92 controller.

Default Trouble retreaving code from e92 controller.

I have a 2017 zl1 that we want to tune with my auto cal. The auto cal was used for my duramax and has been unlocked from previous tuner and licensed by new tuner. It gives my the 0552 code as it should when I try and read. I then hook to computer and go to tunef3 tab then to the f8 authorization tab and click. The only thing that is there is the info from my e35 controller from my duramax. I have tried 20 times and I can not get that in authorized code to go into the f8 page so I can send that info to my tuner. I even get a message when I am in pass thru mode that the auto cal has sent the info to the f8 page. Is the e35 info in there messing me up?

It is fine to have E35 in there as well, have a look over the Controller Auth document, it might make more sense what needs to be done (jump down to about page 11 for process examples).
    http://content.efilive.com/documents...horization.pdf

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for help. Yes I followed these directions to the T And no matter what I try the code is never in there. I have done this many times and have no idea what is up with this one.

Is it normal for it to say run boot blocker before you see the 0552 code on the auto cal?

Lifetime Member

Did you attempt the read using the E92 slot on the AutoCal? On the [F8 Authorization] page, only controllers that require authorization are listed.

It's fine to have other controllers configured on your AutoCal, but the Controller Auth Codes tab is only populated with data from contollers that require authorization.

Once you've had a failed read with E92, you need to move your failed auth-code from AutoCal to [F8 Authorization] by using the [Synchronize] button.

Cheers
    Cindy
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; September 14th, 2017 at 01:22 PM.

The thing that blows my mind is i even get a message aaying the auth code has been sent the the f8 page and i go there and the only thing that's there is my e35 code. Its a very easy process and I'm just baffled. I will have a v2 tomorrow to try so that will be interesting to see if that works.

Lifetime Member

The next software release changes the way we manage auth codes for your exact issue. When you attempted the read, I'd suggest the wrong Controller ID initiated that process. Ie. you selected E35 not E92.

The software cannot update the controller ID part of the record (yet) even when you change the read selection to E92 and perform the read again.

Until the next software release, you'll need to remove E35 entry from controller authorisation.

It's stored in 2 places - Local.ska file on your PC and the Remote.ska file on your AutoCal. If they are the only auth code records, it's as simple as deleting those files.

Local.ska can be found in your MyDocuments/EFILive/V8/Config/Local.ska. If you have multiple authcodes in your Local.ska you can either rename the file, and a new read will recreate the Local.ska file or follow the instructions in the document regarding installing the utility and deleting the entry,

Remote.ska can be found on your AutoCal via EFILive Explorer under the configuration tab, delete that file from AutoCal.

You'll then be in a position to attempt the read with the E92 controller selected.

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Thanks for help everyone. After 30 times of trying this time when everything was hooked to car I went thru the process, waited for the counter to count down turned off key pressed synchronize and I got the code. I have no idea what I did different but it worked lol.