Just some background information, need to know if I bricked the ECM or if it will be recoverable...

Probably two weeks ago I left the ignition on in the truck and the batteries died. Went to jump start the truck a few days later and it wouldn't crank. Checked all of my fuses, had power with ignition in start to the crank fuse, swapped the relay etc and nothing. I jumped the relay pins with a wire and got the truck to crank but still would not start. I also had someone turn the key at the same time to make sure the ECM got the signal it needed, if it needs to see that power to start.

I have had connectivity issues between scan tools and the ECM in the past so I pulled the ECM out and put it on a bench harness. In the past I have had no issues detecting the controller and reading the VIN but it won't detect the controller and the VIN is corrupted when it pulls it out. I attempted to do a full flash using an older version of efi 7.5 and my V2 and it says the ECM is not licensed. While I know I should be using the latest software and firmware versions this setup is what I used to flash the ECM originally, many years ago.

I have a photo of what was read for the ECM serial number during the flash routine and it also appears to have been "corrupted". Any chance this is recoverable or am I looking at a new ECM?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0126.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	21126