Thread: T87A TCM any updates on possibility of support

Default T87A TCM any updates on possibility of support

Just wondering if there are any plans on supporting the T87A TCM. Just curious because I can wait a bit if there will possibly be support if not I may go another route to get my TCM flashed.

Even a "mabey" would be enough for me to hold off.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

99% chance we are never going to support this TCM sorry.
    Similar problem to what has been discussed in this thread.
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...4-2017-Duramax
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    99% chance we are never going to support this TCM sorry.
    Similar problem to what has been discussed in this thread.
    https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...4-2017-Duramax
    HP Tuners here I come. My T87A TCU is on my way to them to get unlocked.

https://www.hptuners.com/forum/showt...ison-Supported!

No problem, hope it works out for you.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    No problem, hope it works out for you.
    I wish I could use EFI Live. There are a few shops claiming they are using EFI live on 2017 TCU's.

Chuck from Corvettes of Westchester claims he can here is his post on gm trucks.

http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/inde...8-Speed-Tuning

https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...post1594908691

Im extremely interested to hear the explanation behind this.
    2005 Silverado, CC/SB, 4x4, LT, LILLY/Allison
    12.9s @ 108 mph

many thanks to Ross and Paul

Lifetime Member

The explanation from EFILive was shared on Corvettes of Westchesters facebook page earlier this week. I'll share it here too.

EFILive would like to address our customers concerns who are asking why CoW has remote T87A programming abilities when we've said we will not be supporting that TCM with our software or hardware.

We have NOT developed T87A flashing ability for our software or hardware, the process is completely different to the regular T87 TCM therefore our existing T87 support will not work. All queries regarding the method employed should be directed to Corvettes of Westchester and not EFILive.

We are not trying to rain on CoW's parade but merely point out this is not an EFILive developed 2017+ TCM tuning solution.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by cindy@efilive View Post
    The explanation from EFILive was shared on Corvettes of Westchesters facebook page earlier this week. I'll share it here too.

EFILive would like to address our customers concerns who are asking why CoW has remote T87A programming abilities when we've said we will not be supporting that TCM with our software or hardware.

We have NOT developed T87A flashing ability for our software or hardware, the process is completely different to the regular T87 TCM therefore our existing T87 support will not work. All queries regarding the method employed should be directed to Corvettes of Westchester and not EFILive.

We are not trying to rain on CoW's parade but merely point out this is not an EFILive developed 2017+ TCM tuning solution.

Cheers
    Cindy
    If Justin at Blackbear doesn't know how to do it. I'm sure it's not possible by any conventional means as you have stated. There is some speculation but that's all it is. Unless Chuck spills the beans or someone else does we will never know.

Quote Originally Posted by wildlyfe200 View Post
    If Justin at Blackbear doesn't know how to do it. I'm sure it's not possible by any conventional means as you have stated. There is some speculation but that's all it is. Unless Chuck spills the beans or someone else does we will never know.

If you read between the lines with Cindy's reply, it sounds like those guys are stuffing T87s programmed with similar factory calibrations to 2016 model vehicles (T87) in 2017 model vehicles (T87A). After all, the T87 and T87A are pin compatible and almost identical hardware-wise. Of course, that works until a 2017 vehicle comes along for which there is no 2016 factory calibration. And what about 2018?