Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins HD Tuning Support Coming Soon....

Is there any chance if we submit a .ctz that EFI-Live could un-compress it and make it into a binary and email it back to the tuner ?

This would help out for mapping tables that obviously will not be available in the editor.

Thanks
    www.mscservices.net

Tuner of many, many Duramax and Cummins Diesels.

Lifetime Member

Or would it be possible to have a pass thru option where we can just read the ECM/PCM out as a binary instead of ctz?

Quote Originally Posted by GMC-2002-Dmax View Post
    Is there any chance if we submit a .ctz that EFI-Live could un-compress it and make it into a binary and email it back to the tuner ?
    PM Sent.

Quote Originally Posted by SASDakota View Post
    Or would it be possible to have a pass thru option where we can just read the ECM/PCM out as a binary instead of ctz?
    No that can't happen sorry, everything is written around the .ctz format, V8 does not even have a hidden option to save as a .bin, it wouldn't know how to.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Does anyone have an idea on limiters for the 4.5 CM2250 ECM. I have a buddy who wants to put a 4.5 in a ranger and build it up to be a drag truck, he is looking into the HD tuning but it isnt sure if the tuning is there to unlock all limiters and really push this setup to its limits. Currently he has a 4bt mechanical with twin turbos and a big pump and huge injectors and lots of RPM. He would really like to do the same kind of setups for the 4.5. Can someone please help me with giving some answers on what the capabilities are behind this new HD tuning.
    2006 Cummins Red, Auto to Nv5600, SBC 3600, Traction Bars, Visor, Running Lights, S&B Intake, ATS intake horn, EFI Live, Borg Warner S363 Turbo, Industrial Injection Dragon Fly Injectors.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerltr450 View Post
    Does anyone have an idea on limiters for the 4.5 CM2250 ECM. I have a buddy who wants to put a 4.5 in a ranger and build it up to be a drag truck, he is looking into the HD tuning but it isnt sure if the tuning is there to unlock all limiters and really push this setup to its limits. Currently he has a 4bt mechanical with twin turbos and a big pump and huge injectors and lots of RPM. He would really like to do the same kind of setups for the 4.5. Can someone please help me with giving some answers on what the capabilities are behind this new HD tuning.
    EFI Live will be a perfect solution for what your buddy is wanting to build. I can help with the limiters.

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    EFI Live will be a perfect solution for what your buddy is wanting to build. I can help with the limiters.
    Mike,

I am asking about the full HD capabilities, is there hard limiters that cant be adjusted like the 6.7 ECM's.
    2006 Cummins Red, Auto to Nv5600, SBC 3600, Traction Bars, Visor, Running Lights, S&B Intake, ATS intake horn, EFI Live, Borg Warner S363 Turbo, Industrial Injection Dragon Fly Injectors.

Mike,

I am asking about the full HD capabilities, is there hard limiters that cant be adjusted like the 6.7 ECM's.
    HD has the same layout as 6.7.

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    HD has the same layout as 6.7.
    I understand that, I have the tune. I am asking about the "full HD capabilities, is there hard limiters that cant be adjusted like the 6.7 ECM's."

I understand that, I have the tune. I am asking about the "full HD capabilities, is there hard limiters that cant be adjusted like the 6.7 ECM's."
    Oh. The only limiter will be your personal limits.

@GMPX or Cindy Can you please verify if there are hard limiters in the ECMS that EFI cant bypass on the 4.5 ECMs?

Thanks

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast