Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins HD Tuning Support Coming Soon....

Lifetime Member

Default Cummins HD Tuning Support Coming Soon....

As announced earlier today in our newsletter...

EFILive is pleased to announce Cummins HD tuning support is coming soon! Beta testing has commenced for approximately 20 different engines used in 2010-2017 based vehicles across two distinct categories:

On-Highway applications; covering Big Rig, Heavy Duty, Medium Duty, Light Commercial, Bus and RV applications.

Off-Highway applications; covering Agriculture, Construction, Fire & Emergency, Marine, Mining, Power Generation and Rail applications.

Three controllers; CM2350A, CM2250 and CM2220 are supported in our initial beta.

A range of vehicles have already been tuned in our first phase of testing. Our comprehensive beta testing program is now scheduled to expand to continue and refine support across this vast selection of vehicles. The below table details key supported engines.

The available tuning parameters compare to EFILive's existing late model Cummins support including control over injection events, turbo, speed limiter and RPM parameters. EFILive's CSP5 switchable tuning support is also in development for on-highway applications. Additional Cummins HD controllers are presently under consideration for future support.

EFILive has developed unique hardware for the Cummins HD market. FlashScan HD and AutoCal HD will be added to the EFILive suite of products upon public release. HD products are easily identifiable by the red case and custom label. Cummins HD support will only be available on FlashScan HD and AutoCal HD hardware given vehicle connection cables and communications protocols are unique to this market.

Cheers
    The EFILive Development Team

#EFILiveHD #FlashScanHD #AutoCalHD
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	EFILIVE-Banner-Header_June_2017.png 
Views:	315 
Size:	162.6 KB 
ID:	21235  
    Last edited by cindy@efilive; June 26th, 2017 at 08:42 PM.

I've been tuning the Class 8 trucks for 8/9 years now (also use EFI live on the "small" stuff) Is the new software going to be able to open and convert my current Incal/Calterm files that I already have a lot of time in?

Very exciting news!! I may have to buy a FlashScan HD and a used truck just to play with it.
    Last edited by KhakiCummins; June 27th, 2017 at 12:29 AM.
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Well done, good to know you have another potential revenue stream to keep moving forward.

Why no support for 06-07 5.9 Cummins CM849?
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.9 CTD, Laramie, QC
    Fully Built 48RE, Billet Flex Plate, Triple Disc TC, 62/65 HE351cw
    2017 Corvette 3LZ Z06 M7 with Z07 Package

This is great news!! We work heavily in this market, look forward to having EFI support it.

Quote Originally Posted by powerfreak View Post
    I've been tuning the Class 8 trucks for 8/9 years now (also use EFI live on the "small" stuff) Is the new software going to be able to open and convert my current Incal/Calterm files that I already have a lot of time in?
    X2 Interested in this question as well.

Quote Originally Posted by powerfreak View Post
    Initially no there won't be an xcal import option but we understand some tuners have a vast library of tunes from those programs so it will have to be considered once our software is stable. One of the nasty things about Cummins ECM's is when they are flashed we have no choice but to wipe out vehicle specific data like the VIN, Vehicle Manufacturer info etc (well, that is just what the ECM does). So I'm not sure what that is going to do when you have a one size fits all type tune, whatever vehicle data is in that file will be programmed in to the vehicle. Obviously that is something you have to deal with when it comes to InCal now so I'd be interested to hear how that works in day to day tuning. Maybe I'm over thinking the problem.
    With these vehicles we would always recommend reading the tune from each vehicle first because that way all that data is correct when it gets flashed back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Move'n Up View Post
    Why no support for 06-07 5.9 Cummins CM849?
    Did you mean to write CM849? 06-07 5.9L was our first supported Cummins ECM's six years ago.

Cheers,
    Ross
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Hey Ross,

Most people use Insite to flash the ecms. When you flash with Insite, it automatically backs up the parameters then writes them in with the flash. Maybe that is something that can be looked into? Can EFILive add the option to import directly of an Incal disk? That would be a lot easier than converting to bin like I do now.

Thanks

Sam

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Initially no there won't be an xcal import option but we understand some tuners have a vast library of tunes from those programs so it will have to be considered once our software is stable. One of the nasty things about Cummins ECM's is when they are flashed we have no choice but to wipe out vehicle specific data like the VIN, Vehicle Manufacturer info etc (well, that is just what the ECM does). So I'm not sure what that is going to do when you have a one size fits all type tune, whatever vehicle data is in that file will be programmed in to the vehicle. Obviously that is something you have to deal with when it comes to InCal now so I'd be interested to hear how that works in day to day tuning. Maybe I'm over thinking the problem.
    With these vehicles we would always recommend reading the tune from each vehicle first because that way all that data is correct when it gets flashed back in.

Did you mean to write CM849? 06-07 5.9L was our first supported Cummins ECM's six years ago.

Cheers,
    Ross
    Yes, my bad. I was looking at this product as some new form of tuning with enhanced capabilities over V2. Rereading it this allows access to and tuning of previously inaccessible ECM's.
    2006 Ram 2500 4x4, 5.9 CTD, Laramie, QC
    Fully Built 48RE, Billet Flex Plate, Triple Disc TC, 62/65 HE351cw
    2017 Corvette 3LZ Z06 M7 with Z07 Package

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast