Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins HD Tuning Support Coming Soon....

Can't wait for this one. I have one ISF 2.8, and an ISX15 waiting for the EfiLive goodness.

Not sure what your ISF is in but for example on something like the Chinese Foton trucks with the 2.8L you would need to get some sort of adaptor because the J1939 comms port is not on the OBD-II connector, it is in the engine bay on a small 3 pin plug.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

GMPX, you are correct. It's a Foton crew cab ute. Thanks for the info about the plug. Looks like I have a bit of pre-tune homework to do.

-Craig

What will the price be for the HD V2 interace and will the price of credits stay the same for the HD side?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by roughneck427 View Post
    What will the price be for the HD V2 interace and will the price of credits stay the same for the HD side?
    Pricing has not been finalised. We've purposely held off until the first production run including all of the incidentals (cables, boxes etc...) are manufactured to ensure there are no price vs quality issues.

I expect we are 3-4 weeks from that point.

Cheers
    Cindy
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Any updates?

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by roughneck427 View Post
    Any updates?
    Things are progressing well.

We continue to test read/flash/mapping, and continue to develop support for additional functions. Data logging should be available to our testers in the very near future.

Cheers
    Cindy

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Initially no there won't be an xcal import option but we understand some tuners have a vast library of tunes from those programs so it will have to be considered once our software is stable. One of the nasty things about Cummins ECM's is when they are flashed we have no choice but to wipe out vehicle specific data like the VIN, Vehicle Manufacturer info etc (well, that is just what the ECM does). So I'm not sure what that is going to do when you have a one size fits all type tune, whatever vehicle data is in that file will be programmed in to the vehicle. Obviously that is something you have to deal with when it comes to InCal now so I'd be interested to hear how that works in day to day tuning. Maybe I'm over thinking the problem.
    With these vehicles we would always recommend reading the tune from each vehicle first because that way all that data is correct when it gets flashed back in.
    When a Cummins ECM is flashed with Calterm there are no vehicle specific parameters included in that flash assuming the cal was downloaded from qsol and created from scratch as it should be. If an ecm must be flashed with Calterm for whatever reason, you would save an image with Insite first then send the template back to the ecm afterwards. Otherwise you are stuck going through Insite one parameter at a time correcting all the data. If the import option becomes available people will have to understand that they must use the same cal that the engine was built with or at a minimum be within the same CPL and options as the engine they are working with. This is going to be difficult for someone that don't have access to qsol. However, all that being said there are a lot of us that would love to see an incal import option.
    Last edited by GMPX; September 27th, 2017 at 08:09 AM.

Sorry I missed your post smokinpete379, you are correct in that allowing the Incal file import option is going to trip a lot of people up because of the way the Cummins ECM's are flashed. For those that don't know when a flash is done the ECM itself erases all vehicle specific data which is a major pain and cannot be avoided. We have warnings in the software that come up and say this:

When EFILive programs this ECM all data from the file is flashed in to the target controller.
    This data includes all TRIM values, VIN etc.
    Please ensure the file you are about to flash is from the correct vehicle, it is always best to read the ECM first and use that file for editing.

Ideally people need to retrain themselves and always insist on reading every ECM they plan on programming (assuming it is to stay on the same vehicle).
    I don't know the process in Insite to transfer all the vehicle specific trim data to a different ECM but it sounds like a pain and it not something we planned on implementing because the solution is to not use a generic tune supplied on those DVD's.

Cheers,
    Ross

if you already have a v2 is this gunna be a update like the regular cummins was or do I have to buy the whole thing?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast