Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cummins HD Tuning Support Coming Soon....

HD is different hardware to the Blue V2's, so you do need to buy a new unit for HD.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

ok thanks. any idea on price and or release date?

Any updates on release?

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Sorry I missed your post smokinpete379, you are correct in that allowing the Incal file import option is going to trip a lot of people up because of the way the Cummins ECM's are flashed. For those that don't know when a flash is done the ECM itself erases all vehicle specific data which is a major pain and cannot be avoided. We have warnings in the software that come up and say this:

When EFILive programs this ECM all data from the file is flashed in to the target controller.
    This data includes all TRIM values, VIN etc.
    Please ensure the file you are about to flash is from the correct vehicle, it is always best to read the ECM first and use that file for editing.

Ideally people need to retrain themselves and always insist on reading every ECM they plan on programming (assuming it is to stay on the same vehicle).
    I don't know the process in Insite to transfer all the vehicle specific trim data to a different ECM but it sounds like a pain and it not something we planned on implementing because the solution is to not use a generic tune supplied on those DVD's.

Cheers,
    Ross

Insite creates a 'template' which is just all T_ trim parameters with their values that it can update (not flash) via the CPP over j1939 protocol. A solution would be to read the ecm out, save all the trims, vins,etc to a seperate backup file specific to that vin. Add a tool for writing those values into a compatible file before flashing. Super handy for setting up a replacement ECM, or copying trims from one vehicle to another.

Quote Originally Posted by MobileProg View Post
    Insite creates a 'template' which is just all T_ trim parameters with their values that it can update (not flash) via the CPP over j1939 protocol. A solution would be to read the ecm out, save all the trims, vins,etc to a seperate backup file specific to that vin. Add a tool for writing those values into a compatible file before flashing. Super handy for setting up a replacement ECM, or copying trims from one vehicle to another.
    So much easier said than done , but this maybe something we need to look in to down the track. For now this won't be an option though, if you want to keep the vehicles trim values as they were then you will need to use the tune you read out.
    I have a feeling there is a command the ECM will acknowledge that sends back all the ID's for the trims that can be read / written. The whole concept of the trims is nice but it kind of got out of hand too.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Rather then start a new thread, I'll ask the question here.

I let a mate who is a heavy diesel mechanic/engine re-builder etc know about this and he wanted to know if you would ever support the following:
    CM570, CM870,(EGR) CM871E(EGR) and CM871(DPF&EGR).

I have no idea what they are from, but i would assume highway (prime mover) trucks.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    Rather then start a new thread, I'll ask the question here.

I let a mate who is a heavy diesel mechanic/engine re-builder etc know about this and he wanted to know if you would ever support the following:
    CM570, CM870,(EGR) CM871E(EGR) and CM871(DPF&EGR).

I have no idea what they are from, but i would assume highway (prime mover) trucks.
    Our current plans are attached.

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does anyone have any Cummins OS files that they would like to share? I would just like to load the new software and open up a Cummins OS to look around in it to see what is there.

Thanks!
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Of course we had a lot of files submitted during the beta phase (about 35 OS's supported on release) but as per our agreement with the beta testers we won't share any of those files.
    What is in the tunes is pretty much exactly the same as the 2010+ Dodge Ram, just much bigger numbers

Attached is the read from one of our bench CM2250 ECM's from a wreck so I'm comfortable to post this up (FWIW I don't think this was a stock tune, some of the maps didn't seem right for a factory file).

Cheers,
    Ross
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by GMPX; December 20th, 2017 at 10:15 AM.

Thanks for posting up what you have!
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast