Thread: EFI with Banks Speedbrake

Default EFI with Banks Speedbrake

Hi, just starting to learn about EFI Live and have a question regarding my Banks Speedbrake/ IQ monitor. I have been told by a knowledgeable source that I cannot use these with EFI. My understanding is that the OBDII port is accessed to load the tunes from EFI. The IQ monitor is plugged into that port. Can I just unplug the IQ long enough to load the tunes and then plug it back in? Or is there another reason I can't use the IQ with EFI? My intentions are to have tunes that don't include braking so I can continue using the Speedbrake. Any ideas? Thanks..

Lifetime Member

This is the exact setup I did for my father in law 4-5 years ago. His IQ failed and he didn't want to go the route of changing to their new module. So I have converted him to DSP5 and we did exhaust braking that way.

Just do as you mentioned, unplug the IQ, and unplug the speed brake module under the hood. Flash in the tune with EFI. Power down. Hook everything back up. And fire up the truck.

You need to unplug both the IQ AND the SPEEDBRAKE. If you don't, the speedbrake will keep talking over canbus and cause flash to fail.

Quote Originally Posted by SASDakota View Post
    This is the exact setup I did for my father in law 4-5 years ago. His IQ failed and he didn't want to go the route of changing to their new module. So I have converted him to DSP5 and we did exhaust braking that way.

Just do as you mentioned, unplug the IQ, and unplug the speed brake module under the hood. Flash in the tune with EFI. Power down. Hook everything back up. And fire up the truck.

You need to unplug both the IQ AND the SPEEDBRAKE. If you don't, the speedbrake will keep talking over canbus and cause flash to fail.
    Thanks for the very positive feedback. I was going to just go with one of the Banks tuners, but many convinced me to take a look at EFI Live first.