Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: July 2017, Beta Release 4

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default July 2017, Beta Release 4

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Download EFILive V7.5 (Note: Update to resolve Known Issue #4 below)
    Download EFILive V8

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE
    We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFlLive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFlLive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

Release Notes:

Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.10 Build 328 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.5 Build 320 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.117 (Jun 23, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues:

Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
    When using the "Record All Diagnostics" option on FlashScan or AutoCal you must select the target controller by "selecting" a PID list so that the freeze frame PIDs can be correctly scaled/displayed. But any PID that is contained in that PID list will display its minimum/default value in the freeze frame data instead of its correct value.
    Workaround:
    Create a PID list with no PIDs selected for the target controller and select that PID list prior to performing the "Record All Diagnostics" option.
    Will be fixed in the next update.

Issue #4:
    The V7 Tune Tool software no longer recognizes CMC custom operating system tune file and refuses to open them for editing.
    Workaround:
    Download the updated EFILive_Tune.zip attachment and extract the EFILive_Tune.exe into the EFILive V7.5 installation folder - overwrite the existing EFILive_Tune.exe file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacky; July 10th, 2017 at 02:40 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thank You!

Currently in Manila to tune some cars and those Dam desoot mode options are turned on in all the e38/e67 cals.

Currently in Manila to tune some cars and those Dam desoot mode options are turned on in all the e38/e67 cals
    What is desoot & what impact does it have on the Vehicle?

it fixes some stupid/retarded "feature" gm decided to put in most of the NA tunes.

Basically 2 seconds into pe enrichment you get what can only be best described as a injector pulse freeze. You can't log it make the change to the PW, but you will see the car momentarily go leaner than commanded, before it richens up again.

On a NA car you wont feel it too much, but on a boosted car if your still running closed loop & pe enrichment you will feel it depending on your enrichment strategy.

Thanks for letting us know about that one Tre-Cool, it is an interesting 'feature' indeed.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

De-soot is an interesting read, and it seems to be less of an issue in PFI engines VS DFI engines. This is all referring to the B1220 and B1221 new settings in the E37, E38 and E67.
    http://www.sciencedirect.com/science...01679X15000432

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Thanks for letting us know about that one Tre-Cool, it is an interesting 'feature' indeed.
    I would have let you know Ross , but you know , E38 is a bit of a swear word in the Myer's household :P
    Hope you've been well mate !

I can't update my device, I do everything how in video below but my device show me error

Last edited by carlsonc857; July 4th, 2017 at 07:49 AM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by carlsonc857 View Post
    I can't update my device, I do everything how in video below but my device show me error

What error are you getting and at what step?

Cheers
    Cindy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by APS Luis View Post
    I would have let you know Ross , but you know , E38 is a bit of a swear word in the Myer's household :P
    Na, just too much water under the bridge so I can't remember enough about the E38 when asked out of the blue. The T43 is the one we don't dare mention.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast