Thread: Modify custom tune that came with truck?

Default Modify custom tune that came with truck?

Just want to say sorry if this post has been covered but I've been searching with no luck so far.

So, a few years ago I bought a 2007.5 ram 2500 6.7. The truck came fully deleted with no sensors in the exhaust, and egr unplugged. It had a custom tune done with EFI Live and had no codes or issues.

Fast forward 2 years and I started having issues with the turbo veins sticking. Long story short I ended up going with a super b special turbo kit from BD diesel that came with the turbo, downpipe, new manifold, and proper egr delete. Unfortunately this happened right before I needed an e test and it didn't pass since they changed the rules and the CEL was on. I ended up paying the $300 and getting a conditional pass.

So the question is, how to go about tuning it as I don't have the stock tune in the truck or have access to it. I've done tuning on gas cars before but nothing on diesels.

If I have to do it myself, what would I need? Flashscan v2? And would I have any issues modifying the tune that is already in the truck?

The end goal is to have the CEL off. If someone was tuning it I wouldn't mind some more power (think it's 100hp now) but it's not a big deal.

If someone is in the southwestern Ontario area that is interested in tuning it feel free to pm me and talk price

Hey bud. I am CLOSEish to you. We could figure something out. Text me at 2047204732

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chances are, you will not be able to read and modify the tune that is in the truck. I would just plan on starting fresh. To do you own tuning, you would need a V2 with the Cummins tuning option. You can find a stock tune here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4ydh5wltk...s4SRJ9NGa?dl=0
    Duane

2008 Ram 3500 QuadCab
    Hamilton 110# Springs & HD Pushrods, ARP 2000s, EFILive, SB 3250 DD

Ok, I figured as much from reading around the forum but wasn't sure. Thanks for the link, I was concerned about not having the stock tune and didn't want to risk the dealer refreshing and getting locked out.

Thanks for the reply turbofamily. I sent you a text.

If the tune isn't locked then you should be able to modify it. It is always good to start off with a stock file tho

Hey. I can help you out also shoot me a text 7057617797

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk