Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Traction Control

Default Traction Control

Does anyone know if its possible to edit or adjust the traction control levels in the E98? With it on it just continuously wipes out the throttle on take offs or hill climbs but if you have it turned off it just turns tires everywhere. Would be nice if it was adjustable as to the level of traction control?
    2016 RG Colorado 2.8TD

I'm not sure about that, do you know if the system on the Colorado uses the brakes too or purely throttle (well, fuel) control?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Throttle control of some sort. So would need to be a fuel cut in someway which makes me thing that somewhere along the line it would be controllable by the ECU?

Quite possibly also has some style of brake traction control for the ESC and also when driving offroad i believe it possibly could be brake controlled?
    But what i have found is that when i take off from standing start and it wheel spins it definitely feels like it fuel cut as the throttle is non responsive for a second or 2 and also boost drops to near on nil.
    2016 RG Colorado 2.8TD

Any luck with this yet?
    2016 RG Colorado 2.8TD

I was away all of last week
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    I was away all of last week
    All good, i'll check back in in a week or so and see if any update on this.
    2016 RG Colorado 2.8TD

Quote Originally Posted by SV8346 View Post
    All good, i'll check back in in a week or so and see if any update on this.
    are you just turning off traction control or ESP as well?

Have tried with both. As soon as i turn off TC it turns tyres hard off the line. Would be pretty awesome to be able to take off hard without turning tyres yet still having as much power as possible to still keep traction. At the moment as soon as it starts to turn them it just basically shuts off the throttle and leaves you with a foot full of nothingness haha. Hopefully there is a way of being able to adjust the level of throttle control within the traction control. I know it can be done with the older LS1's so i was hoping(fingers crossed) it could be done with these computers as well.
    2016 RG Colorado 2.8TD

Quote Originally Posted by SV8346 View Post
    Have tried with both. As soon as i turn off TC it turns tyres hard off the line. Would be pretty awesome to be able to take off hard without turning tyres yet still having as much power as possible to still keep traction. At the moment as soon as it starts to turn them it just basically shuts off the throttle and leaves you with a foot full of nothingness haha. Hopefully there is a way of being able to adjust the level of throttle control within the traction control. I know it can be done with the older LS1's so i was hoping(fingers crossed) it could be done with these computers as well.
    It was never a tunable deal in the older LS1...all the traction control hysteresis are reactive...ie it needs to see the wheels spin before it removes power. How aggressive it is at removing power is adjustable but so is the throttle position!

Reckon you are in the world of it is a hinge not a switch...no traction control device is ever going to be able to predict the amount of slip you will get at any given set of circumstances. If you are in limited traction situations...try setting up some stuff in a DSP4 selectable calibration.

Quote Originally Posted by HOWQUICK View Post
    It was never a tunable deal in the older LS1...all the traction control hysteresis are reactive...ie it needs to see the wheels spin before it removes power. How aggressive it is at removing power is adjustable but so is the throttle position!

Reckon you are in the world of it is a hinge not a switch...no traction control device is ever going to be able to predict the amount of slip you will get at any given set of circumstances. If you are in limited traction situations...try setting up some stuff in a DSP4 selectable calibration.
    You're right it wasnt the LS1's it was the LS3's that we used to do it in.
    You're also right, its not actually a prediction of traction loss but more of a calculation of traction loss due to torque produced. Its a torque limit that can be altered in specific gears at specific throttle amounts at specific rev ranges. IE; if you know that in 1st gear at 80% throttle at 1400rpms it produces 440nm of torque but at 260nm it starts to wheel spin then you can limit that specific point to 255nm of torque so that you are always right on the edge of wheel spin without actually turning tyres. See below for where we use to alter the TCS in the older ls3's

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Capture.JPG 
Views:	409 
Size:	461.4 KB 
ID:	21301
    2016 RG Colorado 2.8TD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast