Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Traction Control

Quote Originally Posted by SV8346 View Post
    You're right it wasnt the LS1's it was the LS3's that we used to do it in.
    You're also right, its not actually a prediction of traction loss but more of a calculation of traction loss due to torque produced. Its a torque limit that can be altered in specific gears at specific throttle amounts at specific rev ranges. IE; if you know that in 1st gear at 80% throttle at 1400rpms it produces 440nm of torque but at 260nm it starts to wheel spin then you can limit that specific point to 255nm of torque so that you are always right on the edge of wheel spin without actually turning tyres. See below for where we use to alter the TCS in the older ls3's

Attachment 21301
    yeah naah. Do it in the throttle response tables. None of that is going to work once you mess with the torque models.

Quote Originally Posted by SV8346 View Post
    Have tried with both. As soon as i turn off TC it turns tyres hard off the line. Would be pretty awesome to be able to take off hard without turning tyres yet still having as much power as possible to still keep traction. At the moment as soon as it starts to turn them it just basically shuts off the throttle and leaves you with a foot full of nothingness haha. Hopefully there is a way of being able to adjust the level of throttle control within the traction control. I know it can be done with the older LS1's so i was hoping(fingers crossed) it could be done with these computers as well.
    I have my power at low throttle only ramped up a bit more & as i like a nice linear pedal to power ratio, so as howquick said you need to get into your pedal demand tables and play with it.

From my own testing, I'm not impressed by the way the engine drops all power & goes all limp when a bit of wheel slip occurs either. So i did some experimenting.

Since traction is monitored via the abs system, when it sees wheel slip it will transmit to the ecu to kill power & does brakes as part of the ESP. Which is why it's annoying as shit when your in 2wd high on dirt roads. So i tested turning the traction control settings off with my other cable in the tune so that it essentially ignores the data coming from the system...

Anyway this morning we had a fairly good down pour of rain and when exiting a roundabout, i got sideways at a fairly substantial angle. enough to pucker up the old bung hole, since i wasn't expecting it. but it let me power through it. i could however still feel the abs pulsing through the steering wheel. It did this with TC/ESP not disabled.

Traction control button still works to turn off additional ESP nannies too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12