Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Get up to date with old license

I need to clarify some info I posted earlier in this thread.

I was under the impression that the V1 Commercial Scan and Tune came with 5 licenses. I think that is wrong and it is only 4 licenses - all of which I currently have unused because I have only used the V1 cable to scan and tune my 1998 Camaro.

So if I was to upgrade to V2 I would still have 6 unused licenses with one of those where I could scan and tune my 2012 GS Corvette leaving a total of 5 unused licenses on either V1 or V2 dependent upon how I upgraded from V1 to V2.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by 1FastBrick View Post
    Back in the day around circa 2010, I recall we had to down load the LS1-A Stream in order to tune the LS1-A Free. I no longer see that option available for download.

My personal V2 has that option enabled.

How ever I purchased a 2nd unit used and the option was never activated...

Both are the older black V2 units, Not sure if its just automatically enabled on the new Blue units or not. Be curious to know if any one knows on that.Attachment 21299
    Send an email to support@efilive.com, I believe this is still a free enhancement so they just have to generate an auth code for you.

Quote Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28 View Post
    I need to clarify some info I posted earlier in this thread.

I was under the impression that the V1 Commercial Scan and Tune came with 5 licenses. I think that is wrong and it is only 4 licenses - all of which I currently have unused because I have only used the V1 cable to scan and tune my 1998 Camaro.

So if I was to upgrade to V2 I would still have 6 unused licenses with one of those where I could scan and tune my 2012 GS Corvette leaving a total of 5 unused licenses on either V1 or V2 dependent upon how I upgraded from V1 to V2.
    Correct, 4 licenses would be on your V1 originally plus free LS1A tuning. When you purchase a V2 upgrade, it will come with 2 VIN licenses + free LS1A stream. When you go through the upgrade process (required to activate your V2), you have the option to keep OR move the existing unused 4 PCM licenses AND copy the used PCM licenses (not applicable as you don't have any used licenses) from your V1 -> V2. This is a ONE TIME deal, if you don't copy/move them, you can't do it later. You can only move licenses from V1 -> V2, not from V2 -> V1. You do not get to keep say 2 PCM licenses on your V1 AND move them to your V2 as VIN licenses. Remember, once you upgrade your V1, you cannot purchase additional V1 PCM licenses so if you wanted to use the cable in the future, you MUST leave PCM licensees on it during the upgrade.

V1: 4 PCM license available, 0 used.
    V2: 2 VIN licenses available, 0 used.

After V1 -> V2 migration:
    V1: 0-4 PCM licenses available, 0 used.
    V2: 6-2 (2 existing + # moved from V1) VIN licenses available, 0 used.

Personally, since you have a single LS1A vehicle, I would move all to your V2 as all vehicles since then you have 6 VIN licenses applicable for all supported vehicles vs licenses you can only use on controllers up to 2005. But, it's up to you!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Send an email to support@efilive.com, I believe this is still a free enhancement so they just have to generate an auth code for you.
    Thanks!

Thanks for the explanation. Helpful indeed.

Out of curiosity - probably will stick with current 347 short block rather than upgrade to an GM Crate LS2 376 built for boost. But if I did so then I would have to use a later PCM. So a 'what if question'.

Because I have a 98 pcm and my car is ATI supercharged, my tuner converted my maf tune to sd and installed a 2 bar map sensor- something about reading tables and cells for higher boost levels not available in the 98 pcm - fooling the numbers is best way I can explain because of limited capability of the 98 pcm to read higher boost up to 15 lbs. Tuner uses EFI live.

So if I was to repin my 98 pcm over to a 99 to 2002 PCM then I assume I would use one V1 license because the pcm is no longer a 98 but instead a 99-2002 pcm.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28 View Post
    Thanks for the explanation. Helpful indeed.

Out of curiosity - probably will stick with current 347 short block rather than upgrade to an GM Crate LS2 376 built for boost. But if I did so then I would have to use a later PCM. So a 'what if question'.

Because I have a 98 pcm and my car is ATI supercharged, my tuner converted my maf tune to sd and installed a 2 bar map sensor- something about reading tables and cells for higher boost levels not available in the 98 pcm - fooling the numbers is best way I can explain because of limited capability of the 98 pcm to read higher boost up to 15 lbs. Tuner uses EFI live.

So if I was to repin my 98 pcm over to a 99 to 2002 PCM then I assume I would use one V1 license because the pcm is no longer a 98 but instead a 99-2002 pcm.
    Yes, if you switch to a 512kb LS1B PCM (99-02), you will need to use a license to tune the vehicle. But, you open up all the COS options (I'm betting your tuner has halved the VE and spark tables to make it run with boost) which allows for a lot more control over fueling while in boost.

You could use your V1 to do this if you so desired, just leave 1 license on that cable when you go through the upgrade it. However, the V2 allows the same functionality PLUS you can remotely log/scan/tune with it. If you licensed it to your V1 now, you could copy this license over when you do your V1 -> V2 conversion, otherwise you would have to use a license on both the V1 and V2 if you wanted to use both cables.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks again.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12