Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Get up to date with old license

Default Get up to date with old license

I purchased a license dated Dec 6 2005
    License type is Commercial Scan & Tune.
    Key is CFLB-TFQY-PFLM-SVVG

Last time I used it was approximately Oct of 2010 on my 1998 Camaro Z28 on my old Lenovo T61.

I have had AC and overheating issues because of ATI supercharger. Frustrated so bought a 2012 Grand Sport Vette and parked my Camaro.

Havel now swapped out the T61 laptop for a T420 so want to reinstall software and start reading files again on my Camaro.

Finally found a good tuner but would like to swap files so I can get idle transition back again. I live in Kansas, tuner is in OK.

What do I need to do to get started again? I installed Version 7.3. Have not attempted to install any files later than that.

Since I have a 98 -that license was free at the time. I believe this license at the time was for three, possible five licenses.

I did re-register again last week. But recall that when I was reading some old tunes, that all I have is personal scan and tune.

What I don't want to do is try to log or scan and possible upload and lock something up since I will be using a version that is over 10 years old.

MyLenovo T420 has Windows Profession V7 with all recent upgrades. Recall back then that USB drivers were an issue on my Lenovo T61 but finally got everything to work after Blacky sent me a new cable.

I have not tried yet to log or scan and download the tune that is currently on the car.

THanks in advance.

DuWayne

Hi DuWayne,

Is your FlashScan a V1 or a V2 (I take it it's a V1 if you got it in 2005)...?

Install the current/latest V7 software, you should be able to log and download.

The cable reads Flashscan FSP V1.2

I downloaded and installed V7.5.

Are there any other files or drivers that I need to install?

Since I am using on a 1998 Z28 Camaro do I still have five licenses available?

Thanks in advance.

DuWayne

Lifetime Member

You will need to upgrade to a FlashScan V2 with GM Tuning for $499+shipping to read/write to your 2012 GrandSport. The FS V1.2 cannot communicate with any CAN-based vehicles (so anything 2005-2007+). If you have any remaining free licenses on your V1.2, you can move those to your V2 when you perform the license migration. Just know as soon as you upgrade your V1, you can no longer purchase licenses for the V1 cable (but you can continue to use it on your 98 Camaro).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

No licenses are needed for flashing 1997-1998 Corvette and 1998 Camaro/Firebird (so you would have all your licenses still available).

For your 2012 Corvette you need FlashScan V2 as Erik said above.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    No licenses are needed for flashing 1997-1998 Corvette and 1998 Camaro/Firebird (so you would have all your licenses still available).

For your 2012 Corvette you need FlashScan V2 as Erik said above.
    So when I look at my license count from the menu that says Flashscan V1 PCM Licensing it says that I have 4 licenses available of a total of 5. So it appears one license is being used for my 1998 Camaro. Not that one license matters because I won't be tuning anyone else's car.

So the 4 licenses would transfer over to V2 I assume, if I upgrade.

But need clarification on which upgrade to purchase. Since my V1 cable is Commericial Scan and Tune, this is what I would receive with an upgrade and would have at least six licenses.

FlashScan V1 Commercial receives FlashScan V2 with GM Tuning Option, plus 2 additional VIN licenses and 97/98 LS1 Stream.

But I don't see where I could use it for my 2012 Corvette. Since the only controllers it supports is S-E40 (GM 05-06 IV V8). So what upgrade would I have to purchase to use it for both my 1998 Camaro and the 2012 and/or 2013/2014 Corvette when I trade up?

Thanks in advance.

DuWayne

Quote Originally Posted by dlandsvZ28 View Post
    So when I look at my license count from the menu that says Flashscan V1 PCM Licensing it says that I have 4 licenses available of a total of 5. So it appears one license is being used for my 1998 Camaro. Not that one license matters because I won't be tuning anyone else's car.
    I'm not sure why it used a license for 97/98 LS1.

So the 4 licenses would transfer over to V2 I assume, if I upgrade.
    During the upgrade, it lets you specified how many licenses to transfer from V1 to V2.

Note that after the upgrade, your V1 is still useable, but you won't be able to add any new licenses to it.

But need clarification on which upgrade to purchase. Since my V1 cable is Commericial Scan and Tune, this is what I would receive with an upgrade and would have at least six licenses.
    FlashScan V1 Commercial receives FlashScan V2 with GM Tuning Option, plus 2 additional VIN licenses and 97/98 LS1 Stream.
    You would purchase Upgrade From V1 To V2 with GM Tuning see here: upgrade-from-v1-to-v2-with-gm-tuning-option
    All V2's are at "Commercial" ability.
    2 PCM licenses are included (each license is actually for one PCM or for one ECM/TCM pair).
    97/98 LS1 (aka "LS1A") Stream is included.

But I don't see where I could use it for my 2012 Corvette. Since the only controllers it supports is S-E40 (GM 05-06 IV V8). So what upgrade would I have to purchase to use it for both my 1998 Camaro and the 2012 and/or 2013/2014 Corvette when I trade up?
    On the Supported Vehicles page, see under Gen IV V8, V6 E38 ECM: gm-gas-vehicles

Thanks in advance.

DuWayne
    You're welcome.

Lifetime Member

Joe answered it all here better than I could, if you have any other questions just reply here and we'll figure it out!

Also, the used license on your V1 will be copied over to your V2 so you can tune your Camaro with both cables interchangeably. (Note, with 97-98 LS1A PCMs being free to tune, the V2 should never ask for a VIN license for it regardless. This is for ALL supported controllers however, so more for anyone's future reference.)
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks for the replies.

Not sure when I will upgrade. My Camaro is still a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by ScarabEpic22 View Post
    Joe answered it all here better than I could, if you have any other questions just reply here and we'll figure it out!

Also, the used license on your V1 will be copied over to your V2 so you can tune your Camaro with both cables interchangeably. (Note, with 97-98 LS1A PCMs being free to tune, the V2 should never ask for a VIN license for it regardless. This is for ALL supported controllers however, so more for anyone's future reference.)
    Back in the day around circa 2010, I recall we had to down load the LS1-A Stream in order to tune the LS1-A Free. I no longer see that option available for download.

My personal V2 has that option enabled.

How ever I purchased a 2nd unit used and the option was never activated...

Both are the older black V2 units, Not sure if its just automatically enabled on the new Blue units or not. Be curious to know if any one knows on that.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	stream.jpg 
Views:	449 
Size:	118.9 KB 
ID:	21299
    Last edited by 1FastBrick; July 18th, 2017 at 01:12 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast