Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: July 2017, Beta Release 5

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Default July 2017, Beta Release 5

Please download and install both the V7.5 and V8 software packages.

Download EFILive V7.5
    Download EFILive V8 (please see Issue #3 below and make sure to update your firmware to V2.07.119 or later)

ATTENTION - BETA SOFTWARE RELEASE
    We strongly recommend that you do not install the beta software over the top of your production systems. It is possible that the beta test software may fail and your production system may not be recoverable. lf you conduct a tuning business, please take the necessary precautions to protect your business. EFlLive recommends beta testers use a separate FlashScan V2 device (when installing the latest beta firmware) and only install the EFlLive beta test software on a separate PC, laptop or virtual machine.

Release Notes:
    Version Numbers:
    After installing this beta release you should have the following software, boot block, firmware versions installed:

• EFILive V7 software: V7.5.10 Build 329 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V7 Scan or Tune software).
    • EFILive V8 software: V8.2.5 Build 321 To view the installed version, select Help->About (in the V8 Scan and Tune software).
    • Boot Block: V2.07.007 (Feb 07, 2014) To view/update the Boot Block, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.
    • Firmware: V2.07.118 (Jul 11, 2017) To view/update the Firmware, click the [Check Firmware] button in the V8 Scan and Tune software.

Known Issues:

Issue #1:
    If you are Black Box Logging PIDs from an ECM and TCM simultaneously and you have selected a PID from the transmission controller (TCM) that has an identically named PID in the engine controller (ECM), then when the log file is loaded back into the V8 software for viewing, that TCM PID will be displayed as if it originated from the ECM. The PID's data will have correctly been logged from the TCM, only its name will appear to indicate that it was logged from the ECM.
    Workaround:
    None.
    It is a restriction of the *.efi (V7.5 log file format). That restriction will be removed and the TCM PIDs will display their true origin once the V8 scan tool software is available and fully integrated with the V8 tuning tool software.

Issue #2:
    When logging DMA PIDs (i.e. PIDs whose names end with "_M" or "_DMA"), if the ignition is switched off for an extended period while data logging but data logging is not terminated, then when the ignition is switched on again the data log automatically continues. However the DMA PIDs may no longer return valid data.
    Workaround:
    EFILive recommends stopping the data log and restarting the data log when switching off the ignition for extended periods.

Issue #3:
    Some GM controllers can not be licensed when flashing using FlashScan in standalone mode or in pass-thru mode from EFILive V8 (AutoCal is not affected, EFILive V7 is not affected).
    Workaround:
    Update firmware to V2.07.119 (Jul 22) or later - available as an attachment below.

Issue #4:
    The firmware provided to fix known issue #3 did not have the correct version number compatibility settings for V7 which cause V7 to refuse to connect to devices with that firmware because of version incompatibility.
    Workaround:
    Update firmware to V2.07.119 (Jul 22) or later - available as an attachment below.

Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Blacky; August 13th, 2017 at 02:44 PM.
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Lifetime Member

I can no longer flash my LML ecm that's already been licensed with this update. See pic

Thanks
    Robert
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	No vin.png 
Views:	306 
Size:	493.0 KB 
ID:	21281  
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Quote Originally Posted by rcr1978 View Post
    I can no longer flash my LML ecm that's already been licensed with this update. See pic

Thanks
    Robert
    Check in your VIN licenses that there is a matching entry for the last 9 digits of that serial number, i.e. 418900120
    You can check your VIN licenses in the [F7: Licenses]->[F3: VINs] window.

If not, send me your license backup file which you can create in that same window by clicking the [Backup] button. Send it to paul@efilive.com, include a link to this thread.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

It's there Paul, thanks for the quick reply. see pic

Name:	No vin2.png 
Views:	277 
Size:	340.4 KB 
ID:	21282  
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

After clicking the [Cal Flash] button and the flash failing with error $0533, could you please locate the *.htx trace file in the folder: \Documents\EFILive\V8\Trace and send me the file, thanks.
    Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

Paul Mail sent, forgot to add link to this thread though.

Thanks
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Paul Mail sent, forgot to add link to this thread though.

Thanks
    Have you updated your FlashScan with the firmware (that came with beta-5). Click the [Check Firmware] on the main V8 page.

Regards
    Paul

Lifetime Member

yes, yesterday before a autocal setup for a LBZ that was successful.

Name:	no vin3.png 
Views:	205 
Size:	259.9 KB 
ID:	21283  
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

Lifetime Member

I have a different confuzr and a LMM to test on if needed?
    04 LB7
    2010 LMM
    2015 LML

I have a different confuzr and a LMM to test on if needed?
    I can see the problem. It's a fault in the firmware licensing routine. It is incorrectly identifying the LML as a Cummins controller and then failing because there is no Cummins tuning license in your FlashScan. I will update the firmware asap and attach it to the first post of this thread. Check back in about 1/2 hour.

Regards
    Paul

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast