Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 27 of 27

Thread: July 2017, Beta Release 5

  1. #21
    Lifetime Member Tre-Cool's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    787

    Default

    With the changes for the ALM wideband how significant was it?

    I can't seem to get the data to display any more, it just says no w02 found, yet the v2 light is blinking when it's plugged in.

    FYI it's nothing to do with his current release, i noticed it stopped working a few weeks ago from the last change.

    just tested a friends old black v2 unit with firmware 2.07.089 and it works with the same serial cable so to me it's def a firmware issue.
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; July 27th, 2017 at 09:35 PM.

  2. #22
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    8,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    With the changes for the ALM wideband how significant was it?

    I can't seem to get the data to display any more, it just says no w02 found, yet the v2 light is blinking when it's plugged in.

    FYI it's nothing to do with his current release, i noticed it stopped working a few weeks ago from the last change.

    just tested a friends old black v2 unit with firmware 2.07.089 and it works with the same serial cable so to me it's def a firmware issue.
    The change was only to remove the AFR display limit of 25:1. Previously if the AFR was above 25:1 it reported as "free/air", now it simply displays whatever AFR is represented by the data.
    Maybe something got messed up during that change. After logging the AFR for a few seconds can you save a COM trace on the FlashScan and send it to me? (paul@efilive.com or post in this thread)
    To do that use the option: F1 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F4 Save COM Data

    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  3. #23
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    24

    Default

    2 quick things.

    1: Is there any reason why the data for MAF g/s should max out at 655 g/s? E67 on an LSA. RPM continues to climb and AFR stays spot on so assuming something in EFILive that is causing this.
    2: Is it possible to get the VSS recorded in mph rather than kmh as I flatline the VSS when doing a standing mile.

  4. #24
    EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    8,939

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by b4pjs View Post
    2 quick things.

    1: Is there any reason why the data for MAF g/s should max out at 655 g/s? E67 on an LSA. RPM continues to climb and AFR stays spot on so assuming something in EFILive that is causing this.
    2: Is it possible to get the VSS recorded in mph rather than kmh as I flatline the VSS when doing a standing mile.
    The generic MAF PID will max out at 655 g/s. Try logging enhanced parameter AIRPERSEC instead.
    The generic VSS PID will max out at 255km/h (158mph). Try logging custom parameter VSS_M instead.

    For future reference you can search all PIDs for a specific type of unit. For example if you want to find any other PIDs that return grams/second, just search for g/s, like this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pidsearch.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	21332

    The search will also find PIDs that have matching names and/or descriptions (not just units) with your search criteria.

    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    24

    Cool

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The generic MAF PID will max out at 655 g/s. Try logging enhanced parameter AIRPERSEC instead.
    The generic VSS PID will max out at 255km/h (158mph). Try logging custom parameter VSS_M instead.

    For future reference you can search all PIDs for a specific type of unit. For example if you want to find any other PIDs that return grams/second, just search for g/s, like this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pidsearch.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	21332

    The search will also find PIDs that have matching names and/or descriptions (not just units) with your search criteria.

    Regards
    Paul
    Cheers Paul, that clears up a few things

  6. #26
    Joe (Moderator) joecar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    26,510

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    ...

    For future reference you can search all PIDs for a specific type of unit. For example if you want to find any other PIDs that return grams/second, just search for g/s, like this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pidsearch.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	21332

    ...
    I like that feature

  7. #27
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    24

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The generic MAF PID will max out at 655 g/s. Try logging enhanced parameter AIRPERSEC instead.
    The generic VSS PID will max out at 255km/h (158mph). Try logging custom parameter VSS_M instead.

    For future reference you can search all PIDs for a specific type of unit. For example if you want to find any other PIDs that return grams/second, just search for g/s, like this:

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pidsearch.png 
Views:	46 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	21332

    The search will also find PIDs that have matching names and/or descriptions (not just units) with your search criteria.

    Regards
    Paul
    Airpersec worked, but VSS_M did not. Set up using BBX logging.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. July 2017, Beta Release 4
    By Blacky in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: July 10th, 2017, 02:42 PM
  2. April 2017, Beta Release 2
    By Blacky in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: June 29th, 2017, 02:06 PM
  3. April 2017, Beta Release 1
    By Blacky in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: April 18th, 2017, 01:31 PM
  4. July 2016: EFILive Beta Test Release
    By Blacky in forum EFILive Beta Software
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: September 5th, 2016, 02:18 PM
  5. EFILive July 18th Beta Release (CSP5)
    By GMPX in forum Software Updates and Installation Help
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: August 22nd, 2013, 01:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •