Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: July 2017, Beta Release 5

With the changes for the ALM wideband how significant was it?

I can't seem to get the data to display any more, it just says no w02 found, yet the v2 light is blinking when it's plugged in.

FYI it's nothing to do with his current release, i noticed it stopped working a few weeks ago from the last change.

just tested a friends old black v2 unit with firmware 2.07.089 and it works with the same serial cable so to me it's def a firmware issue.
    Last edited by Tre-Cool; July 27th, 2017 at 09:35 PM.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tre-Cool View Post
    With the changes for the ALM wideband how significant was it?

I can't seem to get the data to display any more, it just says no w02 found, yet the v2 light is blinking when it's plugged in.

FYI it's nothing to do with his current release, i noticed it stopped working a few weeks ago from the last change.

just tested a friends old black v2 unit with firmware 2.07.089 and it works with the same serial cable so to me it's def a firmware issue.
    The change was only to remove the AFR display limit of 25:1. Previously if the AFR was above 25:1 it reported as "free/air", now it simply displays whatever AFR is represented by the data.
    Maybe something got messed up during that change. After logging the AFR for a few seconds can you save a COM trace on the FlashScan and send it to me? (paul@efilive.com or post in this thread)
    To do that use the option: F1 Scan Tool -> F3 Scan Options -> F4 Save COM Data

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

2 quick things.

1: Is there any reason why the data for MAF g/s should max out at 655 g/s? E67 on an LSA. RPM continues to climb and AFR stays spot on so assuming something in EFILive that is causing this.
    2: Is it possible to get the VSS recorded in mph rather than kmh as I flatline the VSS when doing a standing mile.

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by b4pjs View Post
    2 quick things.

1: Is there any reason why the data for MAF g/s should max out at 655 g/s? E67 on an LSA. RPM continues to climb and AFR stays spot on so assuming something in EFILive that is causing this.
    2: Is it possible to get the VSS recorded in mph rather than kmh as I flatline the VSS when doing a standing mile.
    The generic MAF PID will max out at 655 g/s. Try logging enhanced parameter AIRPERSEC instead.
    The generic VSS PID will max out at 255km/h (158mph). Try logging custom parameter VSS_M instead.

For future reference you can search all PIDs for a specific type of unit. For example if you want to find any other PIDs that return grams/second, just search for g/s, like this:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pidsearch.png 
Views:	215 
Size:	65.0 KB 
ID:	21332

The search will also find PIDs that have matching names and/or descriptions (not just units) with your search criteria.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
    The generic MAF PID will max out at 655 g/s. Try logging enhanced parameter AIRPERSEC instead.
    The generic VSS PID will max out at 255km/h (158mph). Try logging custom parameter VSS_M instead.

For future reference you can search all PIDs for a specific type of unit. For example if you want to find any other PIDs that return grams/second, just search for g/s, like this:

The search will also find PIDs that have matching names and/or descriptions (not just units) with your search criteria.

Regards
    Paul
    Cheers Paul, that clears up a few things

I like that feature

Regards
    Paul
    Airpersec worked, but VSS_M did not. Set up using BBX logging.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123