Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: $0548

Default $0548

On CM2350 99% of the time the flash fails on the first flash with a $0548 error. Doesn't matter if checksum is enabled or disabled. I first thought the unlock process was causing it but it will fail with the 0548 error on flashes after the first flash. It is not to big of a deal for me when I am doing the flash but when e-mailing a vin restricted file and it fails then it requires a vin recovery file and is a major pain and inconvenience. Is there a work around or a flash procedure that helps with this error?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	checksum efi.PNG 
Views:	349 
Size:	125.7 KB 
ID:	21287  

Quote Originally Posted by Road View Post
    On CM2350 99% of the time the flash fails on the first flash with a $0548 error.
    Really, 99% of the time? I can flash these ECM's all day long and never have it fail, I'd be interested in some feedback from others on this.
    Mind you, with the flash process entirely controlled by the ECM itself EFILive is kind of at the mercy of it accepting the data correctly and hoping it flashes correctly.

Doesn't matter if checksum is enabled or disabled.
    I haven't looked but you shouldn't be able to disable the checksum on these, they are reliant on that to validate a successful flash.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

Quote Originally Posted by GMPX View Post
    Really, 99% of the time? I can flash these ECM's all day long and never have it fail, I'd be interested in some feedback from others on this.
    Mind you, with the flash process entirely controlled by the ECM itself EFILive is kind of at the mercy of it accepting the data correctly and hoping it flashes correctly.

I haven't looked but you shouldn't be able to disable the checksum on these, they are reliant on that to validate a successful flash.

Yes 99% of the time they are failing the flash with checksum error. Be interesting what you are doing different for you to be able to flash without errors. I bet you are bench flashing with less interruptions on the data bus.

My dealers using autocal for flashing are having bigger issues because when a flash fails you loose the vin needed to satisfy the restriction. So I have to send out a recovery file linked to their autocal.

I have used the checksum disable and success rate seems to be better.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Checksum disable.PNG 
Views:	296 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	21289  

Be interesting what you are doing different for you to be able to flash without errors. I bet you are bench flashing with less interruptions on the data bus.
    Well not so much me but all our other users, not many would be bench flashing these ECM's, majority would be Autocal based.

I have used the checksum disable and success rate seems to be better.
    When Paul is back in the office tomorrow I'm going to have him confirm what that disable button attempts to do on the CM2350B, the button I think will do nothing on these. FWIW there is many checksums and different types of checksums on these ECM's.
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

When Paul is back in the office tomorrow I'm going to have him confirm what that disable button attempts to do on the CM2350B, the button I think will do nothing on these. FWIW there is many checksums and different types of checksums on these ECM's.
    I just reopened a file that I disabled the checksum on and that button doesn't work.

Well that is good (in a way), the button should be disabled anyway. As I mentioned earlier some of the checksums that need to be computed are used to validate a successful flash by the ECM, if they aren't correct then it errors.
    Just out of interest, do stock files fail for you too ?

Well that is good (in a way), the button should be disabled anyway. As I mentioned earlier some of the checksums that need to be computed are used to validate a successful flash by the ECM, if they aren't correct then it errors.
    Just out of interest, do stock files fail for you too ?
    The stock files blow in with no issue's. FWIW my tuned file's are in CSP format. Failed flashes seems to only happen after the checksum has changed. Was thinking it was something on my end and the checksum button fit the description. ECM is defiantly appears to be rejecting the file for the checksum so don't think it is data bus chatter or voltage issues. Thanks

I agree Mike, I don't think it is a comms issue either.
    Another tuner had a similar issue a while back with tunes altered outside of EFILive. Stock tunes and tunes modified solely in EFILive would flash in without issues all day long, one of their tunes got the $0548 error (which is the ECM rejecting the tune).
    There was no real conclusion as to why except that they were going to revisit their tunes, I never heard much more after that so I assume whatever they had to do fixed it.
    Modifying the tunes outside of EFILive and using the software to FIX the checksums should get everything in line, but it sounds like that might not be happening.

I agree Mike, I don't think it is a comms issue either.
    Another tuner had a similar issue a while back with tunes altered outside of EFILive. Stock tunes and tunes modified solely in EFILive would flash in without issues all day long, one of their tunes got the $0548 error (which is the ECM rejecting the tune).
    There was no real conclusion as to why except that they were going to revisit their tunes, I never heard much more after that so I assume whatever they had to do fixed it.
    Modifying the tunes outside of EFILive and using the software to FIX the checksums should get everything in line, but it sounds like that might not be happening.
    Thanks Ross that must be what is happing. I will correct them and try that. Thanks

After further review I have found that the failed flashes are only happening after editing inside of EFI. And is mostly after making changes to the transmission segment. I noticed that the e mailed tunes with trans tuning were failing so the last two I had in my shop I tested it and the first flash would go right in but on both of them I made changes to the trans side and both failed the first 3 flashes. I will test it more on my bench ecm.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast