Hi Eric here. I am still using my old v7.5.5 software on my old xp laptop and all is good sense 2009, i have never even used the 8.1 EE software , i have a v2 and have never updated the 2.06.05 firmware and the 2.06.02 bootblock because i only use this for a 2002 ss and my sc 6.0l silverado 2000 and have set up a few tunes and a couple swaps for other people that all had 411 pcms and all has worked so flawlessly , full flash tunes with my bench harness and all. I originally installed the software from the included cd with my v2 and i still have the cd. I am worried about my old laptop letting go eventually so i would like to install the 7.5.5 software on a win7 or win8 laptop so it can be ready to go but i am wondering if the drivers that came with the original software will be compatible with win7 or 8 . I dont want to go with the new software right now or will i have to or if i wait to long i will never be able to update my old v2 firmware and bootblock through v8.2. I know there might be an issue with the usb3 in win8 but i believe Joe has a fix for that through the bios. Thank you.