Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The AEM 30-0334 OBDII X-Series Wideband for FlashScan V2 is finally available,

Default The AEM 30-0334 OBDII X-Series Wideband for FlashScan V2 is finally available,

Hi All.

AEM has finally introduced the new 30-0334 version of their OBDII enabled wideband ( Formerly, the 30-0333 ) that supports single and dual widebands in FlashScan V2. This is based on the re-flash code that has been tested over the last few months. So, the x-series widebands can now connect, directly, via the OBDII connector, as opposed to using the 0-5v analog outputs. On CAN enabled vehicles. This is a HUGE improvement.

The new EF1 and EF2 PID settings allow for two widebands to share the same OBDII connector via a master/slave configuration. This bit of tech has been the source of the delays. The single-wideband-only version was just completing testing when the new dual-wideband capable version was 1st introduced. So, fun fun fun, we got to start all over. But, definitely worth it, if you want to monitor 2 banks.

Beware that there are still some of the older 30-0333 units ( that only really support brand"H" scanners ) in the pipe. So, be sure that you get the newer part number. In case there is any confusion, I received the following info from the AEM guys:
    "The two units can be distinguished via the hold-both-buttons-while-applying-power boot-up message (0333 vs 0334) or a PN decal on the rear of the unit. "

If you get them directly from AEM, I'm pretty sure you will get the correct 30-0334. Not sure what dealer/distributor stock look like, at the moment.

http://www.aemelectronics.com/files/...ller-Gauge.pdf

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	efilive-30-0334.JPG 
Views:	761 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	21297

It was fun getting this to work. I hope it helps

Lifetime Member

Thanks Dr. Mike! Appreciate your help and diligence working to get this done for EFILive customers like me!
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Thanks dr.mike

Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post

Name:	efilive-30-0334.JPG 
Views:	761 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	21297

It was fun getting this to work. I hope it helps
    After you select the AEM UEGO Bank1 for the trans controller, you then use the pids GPM.WO2S11 and GMP.WO2S21.

Here is my sample file UserCalculatedPids.ini that uses both AEM -334 widebands, the BEN pid selects the leanest bank on the fly

( that file was generated and saved from within the V8 pid editor ( go Scan->Config->Calculated Pids, create a Group (upper pane), create a Pid (lower pane) ) )

we initially/briefly tested this using dr.mike's -334's at AEM (Hawthorne) using Martin's 2010 Camaro (CPR Engines, Gardena)

( dr.mike edited the AEM embedded firmware to make dual AEM's communicate with FSV2, to understate what he did )

Code:
    [Groups]
    GLOBAL=Global Functions
    WO2SER=Wide Band O2 Sensors (Serial-Comms)
    WO2CAN=Wide Band O2 Sensors (CAN-bus)

[GLOBAL]
    FUNCTION="Global Functions",factor,0

[GLOBAL.FUNCTION]
    0=|-- GLOBAL.FUNCTION
    1=|function iff(x,y,z)
    2=|if (x) then return y else return z end
    3=|end

[WO2SER]
    WO2BEN="Base Efficiency Numerator (Serial-Comms)(Dynamically-Leanest)",factor,3

[WO2SER.WO2BEN]
    0=|-- WO2SER.WO2BEN
    1=|return iff(pid("WO2LAM1")>pid("WO2LAM2"),pid("WO2LAM1"),pid("WO2LAM2"))*pid("EQIVRATIO")

[WO2CAN]
    WO2BEN="Base Efficiency Numerator (CAN-bus)(Dynamically-Leanest)",factor,3

[WO2CAN.WO2BEN]
    0=|-- WO2CAN.WO2BEN
    1=|return iff(pid("WO2S11")>pid("WO2S21"),pid("WO2S11"),pid("WO2S21"))/pid("EQ_RAT")

note that the pid EQ_RAT is SAE.LAMBDA on E38, E67, E92.
    Last edited by joecar; July 18th, 2017 at 12:12 PM.

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post

note that the pid EQ_RAT is SAE.LAMBDA on E38, E67, E92.
    And the E40

Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Here is my sample file UserCalculatedPids.ini that uses both AEM -334 widebands, the BEN pid selects the leanest bank on the fly

( that file was generated and saved from within the V8 pid editor ( go Scan->Config->Calculated Pids, create a Group (upper pane), create a Pid (lower pane) ) )

we initially/briefly tested this using dr.mike's -334's at AEM (Hawthorne) using Martin's 2010 Camaro (CPR Engines, Gardena)

( dr.mike edited the AEM embedded firmware to make dual AEM's communicate with FSV2, to understate what he did )

Code:
    [Groups]
    GLOBAL=Global Functions
    WO2SER=Wide Band O2 Sensors (Serial-Comms)
    WO2CAN=Wide Band O2 Sensors (CAN-bus)

[GLOBAL]
    FUNCTION="Global Functions",factor,0

[GLOBAL.FUNCTION]
    0=|-- GLOBAL.FUNCTION
    1=|function iff(x,y,z)
    2=|if (x) then return y else return z end
    3=|end

[WO2SER]
    WO2BEN="Base Efficiency Numerator (Serial-Comms)(Dynamically-Leanest)",factor,3

[WO2SER.WO2BEN]
    0=|-- WO2SER.WO2BEN
    1=|return iff(pid("WO2LAM1")>pid("WO2LAM2"),pid("WO2LAM1"),pid("WO2LAM2"))*pid("EQIVRATIO")

[WO2CAN]
    WO2BEN="Base Efficiency Numerator (CAN-bus)(Dynamically-Leanest)",factor,3

[WO2CAN.WO2BEN]
    0=|-- WO2CAN.WO2BEN
    1=|return iff(pid("WO2S11")>pid("WO2S21"),pid("WO2S11"),pid("WO2S21"))/pid("EQ_RAT")

note that the pid EQ_RAT is SAE.LAMBDA on E40, E38, E67, E92.
    I just want to point out that ALL 30-0334 have this "tweaked" firmware that dr. mike developed for AEM. So there is nothing that needs to be modified on a true 30-0334 AEM UEGO wideband, it will support this Calc.PID out of the box.

30-0333 units will NOT support this.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.

Does this WB have an output for non can vehicles, or is it only for the later model PCM's? I need a WB, but don't plan to try to do anything with a can vehicle currently.

Answered my own question. I guess I read thru the info too fast, and didn't see.......
    Last edited by Scatfish; October 7th, 2017 at 03:55 AM.
    Doing my best to fix what ain't broke!!

Is this AEM Wideband compatible with the LS1B 411 PCM?

I should have asked this before I ordered it I guess......

Name:	AEM.PNG 
Views:	419 
Size:	277.9 KB 
ID:	21588
    Last edited by Scatfish; October 8th, 2017 at 06:52 AM.
    Doing my best to fix what ain't broke!!

IIRC the 411 PCM is J1850 protocol, not CAN protocol. So, the direct OBDII interface connection will not work; unless the scanner can read 2 different protocols at once. Maybe this is possible ? If not, you would need to connect via to analog 0-5v signal. The 0-5v signal is available on the 30-0334. But, the pins for it are not installed in the connector. The pins are available for a few pennies, from DIGIKEY. ( of course, the shipping always gets you ).

Fortunately, the 0-5v signal on the 30-0334 is very good; with active ground offset error compensation. For the future, the 30-0300 is a better choice for non-CAN based PCMs; as it has the pins/wires for the 0-5v and serial signals included in the wiring harness. Otherwise, they are identical, except for the OBD2 firmware changes.

It would totally rock, if the scanner could read the J1850 and CAN protocols, simultaneously.

Otherwise, I may try to make a J1850/CAN bridge interface.

Quote Originally Posted by Scatfish View Post
    Does this WB have an output for non can vehicles, or is it only for the later model PCM's? I need a WB, but don't plan to try to do anything with a can vehicle currently.

Answered my own question. I guess I read thru the info too fast, and didn't see.......
    The 0334 supports CAN-bus as used on later model vehicles (from 2007+)... i.e. does not support J1850 VPW (what 0411 uses).

The 0334 also has analog 0-5V output, see what dr.mike says about it.

It does not have serial comm output.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast