Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: The AEM 30-0334 OBDII X-Series Wideband for FlashScan V2 is finally available,

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by s4door View Post
    I have recently installed the AEM 30-0334 in my truck. I have a 2010 6.7 Cummins running as a stand-alone in a 92 F350. The ECM is a CM2200. I select the CM2200 as the ECM and then the AEM 30-0334 as the TCM to monitor both simultaneously. When I then click OK to confirm my two choices I get the following error:

Transmission controller: AEM UEGO Bank 1 has not been selected because it is incompatible with engine controller: CMD CM2200 Cummins Diesel ECM.

I am able to independently select the CM2200 and then the AEM 30-0334 and program the V2 with both controllers independently. I can then successfully log data form either but not both at the same time. I need to be able to monitor both at the same time. Am I doing something wrong or is EFILive not setup to do this? I also tried to link other GM Diesel ECMs with the AEM 30-0334 and would get the same error.
    The AEM wide band controller simulates a CAN module on the GM CAN bus using GM specific OBDII messages to transmit the wide band data to FlashScan/AutoCal devices.
    Cummins ECMs use a different data logging message structure which is not compatible with the message structure that the AEM has been programmed to simulate.
    Therefor it is not possible to log both Cummins and AEM simultaneously.

Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Would I be able to connect the AEM to my V2 in pass thru mode connected to my laptop via the serial port or Analog output that the gauge also has for communication and then be able to log data simultaneously?

EFILive Developer Site Admin Blacky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by s4door View Post
    Would I be able to connect the AEM to my V2 in pass thru mode connected to my laptop via the serial port or Analog output that the gauge also has for communication and then be able to log data simultaneously?
    If your AEM is compatible with the AEM UEGO serial interface that FlashScan supports, then yes you should be able to do that.
    Regards
    Paul
    Before asking for help, please read this.

Thanks I will give that a try. I have the serial cable that came with my V2

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011