Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The AEM 30-0334 OBDII X-Series Wideband for FlashScan V2 is finally available,

Thanks again Scarab, I was a bit confused there and away for work for a couple of days but managed to get some logs today, now I just need to work out what I'm looking at .
    I did have a problem with some data not being logged but worked out my dash cam was affecting the FSV2 recording the data, disconnected dash cam and all good.

+1 use EQ_RAT, which is actually the lambda read from the AEM 0334.

Post some log files.

Hi Joe,
    I have only done one log since sorting out the camera problem, please see attached.
    I spent a bit of time working my way through how to set up the dashboard to view the logs, but very new to this.
    Even though i bought my FSV2 over 12 months ago, I only got around to installing my AEM WO2 over Christmas.
    Would appreciate your thoughts on the log.E38_0013.efi

That log shows WO2S11-EQRAT with no data...

did you have the 0334 connected...?

how did you connect the 0334 (analog or serial)...?

Hi Joe, thanks for taking a look.
    I have the data showing up when I open the log in V8 S&T. The 0334 is connected via the OBDII port.
    There are probably some PID's that i need to remove as I was just looking to see what they did (TRNR)
    If you can see the log, do you have any idea why the lambda would drop to 0.655 at frame 30470? There are a couple of low points for the lambda.

Edit: I'm using the wrong terminology above, I should say richening up by dropping the lambda to 0.655.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E38_0013 PID Data.png 
Views:	273 
Size:	50.0 KB 
ID:	21800

Name:	E38_0013 EQ_RAT11 Chart.png 
Views:	237 
Size:	156.2 KB 
ID:	21801

Name:	E38_0013 Low Lambda.png 
Views:	271 
Size:	59.7 KB 
ID:	21803

E38_0013.efi
    Last edited by dgp; January 29th, 2018 at 10:27 PM.

Ak, ok, so you are getting data.

I don't know why lambda would drop to 0.655.

It looks like you need to richen PE.

It looks like you might need to disable all trimming, and correct the VE/VVE.

BTW: instead of logging O2S11/21, log HO2S11/21 instead.

Lifetime Member

Finally just order two of these 30-0334, LC-1s now listed on Ebay. I can see in scan & tune the AEM UEGO Bank 1, is Bank 2 automatically detected if connected?

You have to select bank2-sensor1 also... WO2S21.

Lifetime Member

Question for Dr Mike, is advice the same for AEM as was for LC-1, keep the power and battery ground cable gauge 14 AWG as close to the AFR gauge / controller as possible, or no need ?

Keeping the power cable runs short is generally a good idea. But, the newer AEM devices do not suffer the same ill effects of power rail fluctuations as the LC-1. Same, technically, goes for the sensor cables. Note how the LC-1 was the only fast Innovate controller ( around 30ms ) while there other products are slower ( around 100ms ). That is because the LC-1 only has a 12 inch sensor cable. Power fluctuation/spikes/noise affect the LC-1s measurement circuitry AND the analog output.

The X-series AEM controllers have active ground offset compensation. So, the analog outputs are not so sensitive to weaker ( within reason) ground paths. The sensor heater drive can swing randomly between 0amps and about 3amps depending on EGT and flow. So, a ground path of just 0.1ohms can cause an offset swing of 300mv. That's, partly, why the short, heavy, ground lines ( low resistance ). The 300mv is within the AEM controllers compensation range. And, of course the CAN/OBDII data is unaffected by the offsets,

Name:	heater-load.JPG 
Views:	240 
Size:	182.5 KB 
ID:	21895

Here is a MILD example of heater current swinging around, creating offsets. The red and blue traces are MAP and RPM. The yellow trace is the heater load. Looks like it converts to about 0.5amp to 2amp, depending on conditions. So, the ground current varies by about 1.5amps. A frind path of 0.2ohm would cause an offset error of 300mv that, mostly, followed the yellow trace. This is why you cant "zero out" an offset error by playing with the conversion formula. The offset moves, a lot, especially when it counts. Then, at idle, it goes back.

The X-series ( and some other ) controllers get around this with active offset compensation. Basically, the analog- line of the controller is not really a ground wire. It is an input to the controller, connected to the EFILive ( of other devices ) ground line. So, the controller uses THAT as a reference to set the analog output voltage. This way the 2 devices always agree on what ground is.

All of this is no excuse for sloppy wiring, though ! :P

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast