Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: The AEM 30-0334 OBDII X-Series Wideband for FlashScan V2 is finally available,

The analog output from the 30-0334 is preferred over the serial. In either case, you would need to add the associated pins to the connector.

The serial output of the 30-0334, as shipped, is compatible with the old 30-4100. So, it is slow, and low resolution. If you send me the gauge for re-FLASH, I can upgrade the serial to be 5x faster with a full extra digit of resolution.

I would use the analog output. It has more resolution and better response times than even the upgraded serial connection. Unlike most widebands, it does not suffer from the dreaded ground voltage offset errors, due to its built-in differential compensation circuitry. Because of the, remember to connect the WB analog- pin to the scanner's ground.

The connectors and pins are available from digikey.com

connector: https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...469-ND/1989458

pins: https://www.digikey.com/product-deta...469-ND/1989458

I would order a few extra of each, as they are usually cheaper than the shipping costs. And, it prevents the need to hack up a perfectly good connector/harness that comes with the WB

Thanks for the input. I have ordered several connectors and lots of pins. I will create a new cable for the LS1b rather than modifying the cable that comes with. I will try it with the analog first and if I have problems I will ask for help then.

Thanks for the offer to re-flash the gauge. If I have issues with analog I may take you up on that but I don't even have the hardware in my possession yet. Is it possible to buy just the gauge separately? The manual lists it as 10-0334 but my searches come up short of any links to purchase the gauge independently of the 30-0334 kit. If I could buy just the gauge at a reasonable cost I may purchase it and have it shipped directly to you for flashing.
    2002 Duramax
    project Jeep Wrangler to CJ conversion with a LS engine and 6L80e transmission underway

Wouldn't you still need the sensor cable/harness ?

I was thinking the gauge is the only part that needs flashing? If I bought an extra gauge and had it shipped directly to you, you could flash it and send it to me? I assume the part that needs flashing is the gauge itself? Is the gauge calibrated to the specific sensor that is included in the kit? By that question I mean would I need to recalibrate my existing gauge if I had to purchase a replacement sensor for it at some point in the future? Or if I purchased an extra gauge alone would I need to recalibrate it to use the sensor I got in the kit I just purchased?

Please forgive me if I sound ignorant. It's only because I am... I'm reading a lot but it's taking a while for things to make sense. This whole tuning thing is all new to me and I have nothing to compare it to in my past experiences.
    2002 Duramax
    project Jeep Wrangler to CJ conversion with a LS engine and 6L80e transmission underway

Yes. The gauge is the part that needs the re-flash.

The gauges are not matched to the sensors. Each sensor comes with its own calibration. I was just thinking that having 2 gauges, 2 power cables, and 1 sensor cable is not THAT useful ?

So I have been trying to tune with the AEM 30-0334 with an analog connection to my V2. I have tried several calc_pids.txt files but don't seem to be getting correct output to adjust my VE table. I'm assuming my calculation is wrong. Would you be able to verify my calc_pids.txt file and show me what I'm doing wrong?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	after_GB_Current.png 
Views:	158 
Size:	67.9 KB 
ID:	23356  
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2002 Duramax

Did you run the Analog- line to a ground pin on the V2 scanner ? Not having a goof ground on the Analog- pin of the gauge is the #1 cause of analog issues with the x-series widebands.

Thanks for the reply. I think I have it going now though.

I was (and am) getting good readings from the gauge.

My problem was setting the gauge set up correctly in the software. Actually getting readings wasn't the problem really either. The gauge was showing up fine and giving good readings. My problem was making those readings into useful equations to aid in being able to have data I could paste into the main VE table after a log session. I actually found the calc_pids.txt file here. I'm all set now. Thanks for the help.
    2002 Duramax

Yes. A common problem when trying to set up the analog inputs into the scanner is the Analog- wire not being connected to the scanner ground. When it is not, the output voltage will be wrong. And, it is impossible to set up the math to work properly in the software. Much tail chasing ensues :(

I have recently installed the AEM 30-0334 in my truck. I have a 2010 6.7 Cummins running as a stand-alone in a 92 F350. The ECM is a CM2200. I select the CM2200 as the ECM and then the AEM 30-0334 as the TCM to monitor both simultaneously. When I then click OK to confirm my two choices I get the following error:

Transmission controller: AEM UEGO Bank 1 has not been selected because it is incompatible with engine controller: CMD CM2200 Cummins Diesel ECM.

I am able to independently select the CM2200 and then the AEM 30-0334 and program the V2 with both controllers independently. I can then successfully log data form either but not both at the same time. I need to be able to monitor both at the same time. Am I doing something wrong or is EFILive not setup to do this? I also tried to link other GM Diesel ECMs with the AEM 30-0334 and would get the same error.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast