Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: The AEM 30-0334 OBDII X-Series Wideband for FlashScan V2 is finally available,

Lifetime Member

Thank you

Can anyone show me a log with the BEN working AND how you defined the calc pid? I'm still running issues.

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    Chuck,

Putting this in UserCalculatedPids.ini would define BEN pids for serial-comm and CAN-bus connected widebands:

Code:
    [Groups]
    GLOBAL=Global Functions
    WO2SER=Wide Band O2 Sensors (Serial-Comms)
    WO2CAN=Wide Band O2 Sensors (CAN-bus)

[WO2SER]
    WO2BEN="Base Efficiency Numerator (Serial-Comms)",factor,3

[WO2SER.WO2BEN]
    0=|-- WO2SER.WO2BEN
    1=|return pid("WO2LAM1")*pid("EQIVRATIO")

[WO2CAN]
    WO2BEN="Base Efficiency Numerator (CAN-bus)",factor,3

[WO2CAN.WO2BEN]
    0=|-- WO2CAN.WO2BEN
    1=|return pid("WO2S11")/pid("EQ_RAT")

You wold then use WO2CAN.WO2BEN as the BEN pid.
    Hey Joe,

When you say "can bus connected widebands" do you mean the RS232 serial wideband connections?

Thanks
    Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    Hey Joe,

When you say "can bus connected widebands" do you mean the RS232 serial wideband connections?

Thanks
    Chuck CoW
    No...

the AEM 30-0333/0334 connects to FSV2 via the CAN bus.

The AEM 03-0333/0334 do not have serial comms (please correct me Dr.Mike).

Quote Originally Posted by joecar View Post
    No...

the AEM 30-0333/0334 connects to FSV2 via the CAN bus.
    Hey Joe.. SO, has EFI LIVE added a pid to help scan and log the AEM pid? That sounds like a cool feature, but not having serial is not a great idea and

let's suppose you're tuning an LS1 or any other NON-CAN controller, how would you log it if there is no can bus and the wideband has no serial output.

Going back to analog don't make sense.

Chuck CoW
    CoW BOOSTER! Electronic Throttle Enhancement.

- CLICK HERE NOW FOR MORE INFORMATION! -

VARARAM, EDELBROCK, AMERICAN RACING HEADERS, BAER BRAKES, BORLA, EFI Live, Magnuson,
    COMP Cams, PROCHARGER, PRO TORQUE, PHADT Racing, INNOVATORS WEST, and more.

The 0333/0334 still outputs analog 0-5V, but is more intended for E38, E67, E92 tuning.

The 0333 is specifically for single wideband to CAN; the 0334 is for dual widebands to CAN.

EFILive has a means to connect to one or two CAN bus connected widebands, including pids.

Alright so i am trying to get back up and tuning again after several years out of the game and i struggle with pretty much all of what i have read in this forum post over getting the aem wb up and communicating with efi live. i am wanting to switch over to aem because of all the issues ive had with my innovate lm2. why is there not a video tutorial for setting up and getting a wide band up and communicating for retards like me?

Quote Originally Posted by zayne0 View Post
    Alright so i am trying to get back up and tuning again after several years out of the game and i struggle with pretty much all of what i have read in this forum post over getting the aem wb up and communicating with efi live. i am wanting to switch over to aem because of all the issues ive had with my innovate lm2. why is there not a video tutorial for setting up and getting a wide band up and communicating for retards like me?
    I been pushing myself hard to learning how to tune and each week that goes by and getting more practical and then doing textbook has extremely helped. As far as EFIlive, i think its an awesome product and cant wait for its next release but compared to HP Tuners, you will find online there are alot more people using it on gasoline products then EFI Live. Hence why you get more online community tutorials

Now EFIlive has a bit of a learning curve which i found out. Its not impossible but there is alot to understand and you need alot of patience. Youll find that you have a question and it wont get answered for weeks sometimes. So that leaves you to dig around and find it out yourself, which is very rewarding. There are alot of super knowledgeable guys on here, learned alot from small talk here. But now to answer your question.

What issues you having with the LM-2?
    MIKE

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck CoW View Post
    Hey Joe.. SO, has EFI LIVE added a pid to help scan and log the AEM pid? That sounds like a cool feature, but not having serial is not a great idea and

let's suppose you're tuning an LS1 or any other NON-CAN controller, how would you log it if there is no can bus and the wideband has no serial output.

Going back to analog don't make sense.

Chuck CoW
    Bringing this thread back to the top.

I'm a complete newbie (noob) to tuning. I am trying to learn but am struggling with pretty much everything because I don't have any background in anything like this. Learning the terminology and abbreviations for them is still a struggle right now. But that aside, I just ordered the AEM 30-0334 and am waiting for it to arrive. (It should be here in early June.)

I decided I should read the manual that was linked earlier in this thread. What I noticed on the first page is serial and analog are both available on the unit but are not populated on the connector.

I currently have 2 different projects going. One is going to be using an E38 ECU running a 6.0 LQ4/6L80 auto. The wideband I ordered should work as is for that is my understanding. I'll need to tune the engine separately from the transmission though. (I don't anticipate that as being a problem.) The other project which is actually closer to completion is using a LS1B running a stock 5.3 from a 2000 Silverado connected a Jeep manual transmission.

So am I wrong to believe I can modify the connector and add the serial and/or analog pins to connect to my V2 scanner for the LS1B tuning? How would I set that up then in EFI?
    2002 Duramax
    project Jeep Wrangler to CJ conversion with a LS engine and 6L80e transmission underway

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast