Thread: AutoCal error when loading tunes.

Default AutoCal error when loading tunes.

Sent a customer an AutoCal the other day. He just updated his V8 software (public release) prior to me sending him the tunes. When loading the tunes in quick setup he is getting this error......

C:\ Program Files (x86)\EFILive\V8\Config\E86A_W.obj" file version 08.03.67 is not supported by the current firmware.

The current firmware supports 08.04.69 to 08.04.69

Please update the devices firmware or obtain an updated version of the file.

When he plugs the AutoCal in and selects update firmware everything says its up to date. Ive never had this issue before. Im running the newest beta 5 release and the current .119 firmware. The autocal was updated to that also when it was delivered. Thanks in advance for any help guys.
    -Danny-

"Napalm"........'03 LB7 Ext Cab 2wd, Spiral Grey Metallic, lowered, Fuel Rampage wrapped in Nitto 420S, Stainless Diesel S475 5-Blade over stock.

Lifetime Member

Sounds like the firmware of the AutoCal is newer than the BBX config file versions on the device. I.E. the AC firmware was updated, but the config files weren't updated right after that. Have him open V8 S&T and click "Check Firmware". Even if the firmware is updated to the current public release, in the pop up window that appears, he'll need to just click "Update Files" and it should work.

If that doesnt work, then have him wipe/format the AutoCal and set it up again (you could send him a Quick Setup config).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS Manual - 1.4L I4T E78, tuned, turbo mods, etc.
    2008 TrailBlazer SS 3SS AWD Summit White - LS2 E67/T42, bolt ons, suspension, etc.
    2002 Chevy TrailBlazer LT 4X4 Summit White - 4.2L I6 P10, lifted, wheels, etc.