Thread: A41 TCM scans in V7 not in V8

Default A41 TCM scans in V7 not in V8

I am using and tuning a medium duty (J1939 throttle) Allison standalone TCM using V7.5, i can tune it , flash it, scan it and read PID's out in EFI V7.5 no issues.. (my dashboards and data display record and monitor fine in V7.5

In version 8 auto detect doesnt work, but I can manually select the TCM from a list.. I can even load a BBX file from Version 8 to my Flashcan and read the PID's on the Flashscan screen without issues..

However when I try to monitor or record data in Version 8 it says "no controllers found". this TCM is standalone without an ECM attached to it..

is there something in V8 that requires an ECM to be able to read a TCM thats not present in V7? I dont change any hardware.. im always connected to the same CAN pins of the TCM with V7 amd V8..

I'd Like to be able to can it and read PID's in V8 simply because the Dashboard looks like it is nicer in V8 than in V7...

any ideas?
    -Christopher

The auto detect on GM controllers sometimes might not pick up the controller type, but we can tweak it so it hopefully finds them in the future. However the A41 we have here doesn't seem to respond as expected to be able to auto detect the controller type. I've always wondered if the one we have here even has a full program in it. Do you know if there is a vehicle combination that TIS will flash a working program in to an A41?
    I no longer monitor the forum, please either post your question or create a support ticket.

sorry for my ignorance, what is TIS?

I program and tune my A41 as a standalone with version 7.5, the only parameters that fail to work are speedometer related settings, altering them doesnt seem to "take". the rest of the parameters do.

in version 7.5 I select the Trans controller A40 TCM without an ECM.. in version 8 I do the same.. and IO can read the TCM.. it goes and reads the ctz file from the TCM.. yet when I go to scan mode (to make a dash).. I select the TCM with no ECM. and when trying to start momnitoring data I always get a controllers not found erroer.. I tried selecting a few different ECM's for duramnaxx trucks. which is where the A40 would be used.. same results..

again version 7.5 I can read, program, scan, edit etc the A41 TCM I have.. an A41 is technically not a GM ECM,. but is a mdeium duty (which is how im using it.. in a school bus retrofit... my school bus uses a Navistar J1708 / J1939 ECM so the TCM is running standalone with a throttle box to provide it TPS data..

-Christopher