Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 911 HELP - Wideband Serial Connection Inoperable

Default 911 HELP - Wideband Serial Connection Inoperable

Hey,

This message is especially for Joecar, as I've followed his steps to try and make this work. I have a V2, a Null Modem Cable I made, and a LM-2. Used the Innovate and V2 Cables, and connected it all as it should. Multiple Issues:

1.) When the LM-2 is reading correctly, I can play with the RS-232 Plug on the V2 and and have it intermittently display the WO2. The rest of the time, it shows WO2 Not Found.

2.) I am using EFILive Scan 7.5, and this will read the WO2 PID when I intermittently seem to get the plug on the V2 to work. The LM-2 also freezes at 18.0 sometimes as soon as the V2 begins logging.

3.) I am running the LM-2 through a cigarette lighter adapter, on a Booster Pack as my racecar does not have anyway to give the LM-2 12V right now. Could low voltage to the LM-2 be causing all these issues.

Any help available?
    Last edited by Boyes50; July 28th, 2017 at 06:06 AM.

Can you unplug the 12V to the LM2 and check voltage to verify it is getting enough power? The cigarette lighter in my El Camino can be sketchy at times. Also, are you using 7.0, or 7.5 of EFILive?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

I am using 7.5 EFILive Scan. I am currently recharging the Booster Pack to ensure it's going to give me the kind of voltage I need. May also hook it up to a known good 12V Source. Could this intermittent power cause the Serial Port to be Off and On Connecting? Or has anyone else ever had there V2 or EFILive Serial Cable RS End be intermittent? Seems like the connection is very poor at the V2

I haven't had issues with my Flashscan's serial port, but I have two cars with Innovate wide bands and they can be temperamental without proper voltage. If you get solid power, then you can rule that out as an issue.

Ok I'll go do that right now and then report back. When I built this cable, I connected Black to Black, Red to White, White to Red, and Left Blue Unconnected. Is this the correct wiring for this cable?

The cables I used to build this Null Modem was an Innovate 3812 and a EFI Live V2 Serial Cable

Purchased direct from both companies

One more question, can you use a multimeter to verify continuity from your Molex plug going to the LM2 and the RJ45 plug going into the Flashscan? Basically to make sure that from point A to point B you have the wires terminated in the right spot? I was looking at Joecar's post in the below thread:

https://forum.efilive.com/showthread...l=1#post212032

It is working correctly, and I second that by wiggling the connector and it's reading matching the LM2 Display. Connected LM2 to good 12V and still have the same issue

Sounds like the cable or Flashscan is at fault with regards to the intermittent connection. I'm not sure about pegging at 18.0 when you log, that makes me think something else is going on. I'm a little tied up with work right now, I might be able to dig into this a bit more in a couple hours.

Try a different serial cable.

If you have to wiggle it, it sounds like the RJ11/12 connector might have cracked solder joints.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast